Forums > General discussion

Fall Calculator (module)

(1/3) > >>

Kradie:
During a fall in a rope based scheme, particular in BIG Z RR. You will want to know when to react before hitting the surface ground/object. This can help aid player knowing when to move etc. The free fall module will activate during a fall, and give you timely estimate when to fire rope and continue. How? Well, in the free fall, a count down will appear over the worm's body as it is falling, counting down when closing the surface from 5 or 3. When it hits zero it hits the ground literally. On one second it means 1 second to react before hitting the ground.

This idea I give to anyone who wishes to purse it and make it a reality. It would be helpful during falls.

Thanks.

Triad:
Unrelated to your request, but I gotta ask out of curiosity. Isn't this kinda like hand holding, training mode kind of stuff that you despised in the chute thread? I mean, this is basically like racing lines in racing games. With racing lines, the game tells you when you should hit the brake, with this it will tell you when you should hit the rope. We all know racing lines are considered as training aid, so why you're in favor of such things even though you were really passionate about no chutes in the other thread?

Don't get me wrong, I am not against your idea. I am just curious of your reasoning behind this compared to chute.

TheKomodo:
Lmao I was just going to say something similar...

Like, the guy was just involved in a MASSIVE debate about how he thinks using parachute in roping is for weaklings, he regards it as hand-holding, and thinks using parachute is a "crutch"...

Then he goes and asks for this????

:D :D :D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Like, he could have waited at least a week or something lol.

Kradie:
Quite true, it is like hand holding. Why? Because it will basically have you prepared. I asked because, I was in a BIG zar RR with a couple of friends, and I didn't make a clean drop. So I thought of this fall module that could assist like crate finder. People seemed quite positive to the idea, so I thought to bring it up here. People rope on different resolutions by choice or they are stuck on one particular resolution. I happen to choose my own resolution, but some could say ''Well choose a higher resolution''. My reply would be ''I am used to it''. Then that person with no surprise COULD SAY ''Well, people are used to rope with parachute''  :D

But actually now that I think of it. It was a bad idea to request such module. Why? It is  basically like HAND HOLDING! Like with this crate finder feature! It tells you where the crate is, and with this fall module it will tell you when to react during a drop. But with higher resolution you do get to see more of the map and some could say ''Well Kradie, that's more hardcore'' But then with no parachute, it is more hardcore.  :D ;D :D ;D :D

TheKomodo:
Next you will be telling us human babies are pathetic because they are cared and nurtured for many years and they should do everything by themselves without any help at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version