Forums > General discussion

Hello

(1/3) > >>

MadPete:
Hi. Joined up today and shared some sound banks. 2 of which I created back in 1999 using samples from the pc game Kingpin: Life of Crime. I found them on an old hard drive yesterday and was looking for a Worms Armageddon forum and found this place (thank you google). The other is from film Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels. I have no idea who created that one but it was around 1999 that I found it.
Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself and hope this is the right place to do that. I recently re-discovered Worms Armageddon in the sale on gog.com and have just set up an older pc in my man cave (garden shed) to play it on

MonkeyIsland:
Hello MadPete,

Welcome to TUS. You came into the right place! Worms Armageddon is still being updated and works on newer PCs as well.

Memox:

--- Quote from: MadPete on July 21, 2021, 03:30 PM ---Hi. Joined up today and shared some sound banks. 2 of which I created back in 1999 using samples from the pc game Kingpin: Life of Crime. I found them on an old hard drive yesterday and was looking for a Worms Armageddon forum and found this place (thank you google). The other is from film Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels. I have no idea who created that one but it was around 1999 that I found it.
Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself and hope this is the right place to do that. I recently re-discovered Worms Armageddon in the sale on gog.com and have just set up an older pc in my man cave (garden shed) to play it on

--- End quote ---
Welcome. Post pictures of the shed  :) jk  ;D

--- Quote from: MonkeyIsland on July 22, 2021, 05:26 AM ---Worms Armageddon is still being updated and works on newer PCs as well.

--- End quote ---

Eh, I'm not sure about that. An old rig is probably better for this game, he's doing the right thing imo. Personally, now that I have a bomb of a PC, I miss the old one I had simply because Worms is the only game that microstutters for me - and that ruins a lot of matches. I talked with StepS about it but there's nothing we can do about it, no matter the settings I try. So yeah, there's that...

LEGi0N:

--- Quote from: Memox on July 24, 2021, 04:39 PM ---Eh, I'm not sure about that. An old rig is probably better for this game, he's doing the right thing imo. Personally, now that I have a bomb of a PC, I miss the old one I had simply because Worms is the only game that microstutters for me - and that ruins a lot of matches. I talked with StepS about it but there's nothing we can do about it, no matter the settings I try. So yeah, there's that...

--- End quote ---

Same here. My previous 10 year old PC played WA perfectly. I got a new PC about 6 months ago (5950X, RTX 3090) and was sad to find that WA constantly lags. I spent ages trying everything I could think of but had no luck, so I had to stop playing.

h3oCharles:
something somethign vsync...?

also kinda offtopic xd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version