Forums > General discussion

MapGEN integrated into HostingBuddy

<< < (3/4) > >>

CyberShadow:

--- Quote from: j0e on June 25, 2019, 01:05 AM ---Using theme=1618213977 results in this error:

Error: MapGEN failed (floating point error) - try generating a smaller map or using simpler parameters
--- End quote ---
Some game types have default settings that always result in an error unless specified. Try another game type, or specify all settings that MapGEN writes to the .mgs file (replace newlines with spaces and spaces with =). E.g. for islands, landdensity=50 will fix a floating point error.

--- Quote from: j0e on June 25, 2019, 01:05 AM ---PS: is there somewhere we can upload our custom themes, for integration with HB? I started making a Pokemon theme: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/mapgen-v0-8-7-2-27395/msg273046/#msg273046

--- End quote ---
Get them included with MapGEN itself. (Though, I don't know how Nintendo would feel about us generating maps with sprites from their games...)

j0e:

--- Quote from: CyberShadow on June 25, 2019, 11:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: j0e on June 25, 2019, 01:05 AM ---Using theme=1618213977 results in this error:

Error: MapGEN failed (floating point error) - try generating a smaller map or using simpler parameters
--- End quote ---
Some game types have default settings that always result in an error unless specified. Try another game type, or specify all settings that MapGEN writes to the .mgs file (replace newlines with spaces and spaces with =). E.g. for islands, landdensity=50 will fix a floating point error.

--- Quote from: j0e on June 25, 2019, 01:05 AM ---PS: is there somewhere we can upload our custom themes, for integration with HB? I started making a Pokemon theme: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/mapgen-v0-8-7-2-27395/msg273046/#msg273046

--- End quote ---
Get them included with MapGEN itself. (Though, I don't know how Nintendo would feel about us generating maps with sprites from their games...)

--- End quote ---
Good points and useful info thanks. Getting more used to the commands now. I'll make sure to specify everything though.

Plutonic:
A new build of MapGen has been pushed out to the live HostingBuddy. I wont list every change, but here are the main highlights:

* Add back in the "S" and "E" markers on the SSR maps.
* Fix an issue where using parameters on a RR map would prevent the Start And Finish markers being rendered.
* Allow theme to be selected via name, not just by hash.
* Clamp out-of-range parameters rather than ignoring them completely.
* Improve the default values used when no parameters are given (on going process).
* When using parameters, parameters that are not provided will now fall back onto the defaults.
* Fix up some issues that could cause maps to be of an invalid size.

j0e:
Great work Pluto. Been really enjoying using MapGen since its merging with HB.

r3spect:
gj guys , how do now good map bng ? parameters

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version