Forums > General discussion

Some input lag optimisation tips for WA

<< < (2/2)

Deadcode:

--- Quote from: gentoo on December 10, 2017, 12:32 AM ---Nothing to do with Vulkan is it (your hint)?
--- End quote ---
Nope, you're not close at all :)

The OmniKey Ultra is a great keyboard for WA, with function keys on the left, where all 12 are within quick reach by touch. The version I have also has a non-inverted-T cursor pad (i.e. it's just like the numpad, except Ins and Del are the same size). Due to these two things, I have no choices for replacement with any newer keyboard, and have had to do many repairs to the keycaps over the years. I haven't tried the HHKB but I know I would really miss having function keys, a cursor pad and a numpad.

Sensei:

--- Quote from: Deadcode on December 09, 2017, 07:03 PM ---And... there is a really big new feature, which among other things, reduces effective input lag in all modes. I'll give a hint: It reduces average input lag by 10 milliseconds.

--- End quote ---

I asked StepS and he didn't sound 100% sure, so gonna try with you.

Will 3.8 remove input lag while using d3d9wnd and wk_SuperFrontendHD modules?
In 3.7.2.1 you can clearly see frame drop and different feel to game when d3d9wnd is turned on. Even tho both vsyncs are turned off, it seems these modules messes that up.

Deadcode:

--- Quote from: Sensei on December 10, 2017, 01:25 PM ---Will 3.8 remove input lag while using d3d9wnd
--- End quote ---
Mu.

--- Quote from: Sensei on December 10, 2017, 01:25 PM ---and wk_SuperFrontendHD modules?
--- End quote ---
Yes.

philie:

--- Quote from: Deadcode on December 12, 2017, 04:15 PM ---Mu.

--- End quote ---

= ZARATHUD'S ENLIGHTENMENT =

Before he became a hermit, Zarathud was a young Priest, and took great delight in making fools of his opponents in front of his followers.

One day Zarathud took his students to a pleasant pasture and there he confronted The Sacred Chao while She was contentedly grazing.

"Tell me, you dumb beast." demanded the Priest in his commanding voice, "why don't you do something worthwhile. What is your Purpose in Life, anyway?"

Munching the tasty grass, The Sacred Chao replied "MU".*

Upon hearing this, absolutely nobody was enlightened. Primarily because nobody could understand Chinese.

* "MU" is the Chinese ideogram for NO-THING

(principia discordia page 00048)

TheWalrus:

--- Quote from: philie on December 12, 2017, 11:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: Deadcode on December 12, 2017, 04:15 PM ---Mu.

--- End quote ---

= ZARATHUD'S ENLIGHTENMENT =

Before he became a hermit, Zarathud was a young Priest, and took great delight in making fools of his opponents in front of his followers.

One day Zarathud took his students to a pleasant pasture and there he confronted The Sacred Chao while She was contentedly grazing.

"Tell me, you dumb beast." demanded the Priest in his commanding voice, "why don't you do something worthwhile. What is your Purpose in Life, anyway?"

Munching the tasty grass, The Sacred Chao replied "MU".*

Upon hearing this, absolutely nobody was enlightened. Primarily because nobody could understand Chinese.

* "MU" is the Chinese ideogram for NO-THING

(principia discordia page 00048)

--- End quote ---
haha i knew you would turn up philie, sniffed out the discordian reference

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version