Forums > General discussion

Will you be more active on WA when 3.8 comes?

<< < (2/13) > >>

Shadow-The-Worm:

--- Quote from: j0e on June 10, 2020, 03:54 AM ---3.8 will fix all the annoying compatibility issues people have with Windows 10. It makes Windowed mode standard and Rubberworm built in so there's no more annoying tinkering or downgrading needed out of the box. Also tons of nice features and extras. That is all we will ever really need or should expect and I feel very lucky that it's happening (.gif).

Over 15 years or whatever it has been, "4.0" has ballooned into a completely ridiculous fantasy. Wayy too many features and "complete rewrites" planned.. it's not realistic whatsoever at this point, at least as laid out at https://worms2d.info/4. Also the 4.0 progress meter at wormsng.com hasn't moved in like 10 years and last I heard coding hasn't even started for it. But version 3.8 has also expanded to include many nice things originally planned for 4.0.

I do plan to play more once 3.8 is released! Good poll.

--- End quote ---

I swear to Godcat, you are just as obessed with 3.8 and hateful towards 4.0 as the most of this community. You are trying to pillage W:A 2 minor digits away from 3 and 8 just like you try to pillage newer games. Look at you, puny regularities, you are just built on obession and hate.  The "ridiculous fantasy" claim even proves that you are obessed with only one Worms game and only one awalted patch. You are an egoistic being just like most other people - walting for one freaking update, which doesn't bring the things that WWPR offers: multiplayer missions are isolated with your claim. I don't give a damn about compatiablity - after all, we have VirtualBox and VMWare for the job. You are just lazybones for a freaking Virtual Machine which can solve problems related to compatiablity by an older version of Windows, ex XP. I don't think we'll have the rad stuff from the offical freeware for a game so similar to W:A, and yet, so isolated due to your egoism and pessimism. You are just a no to work and a yes to wit. D.I.Y. then. Who am I? Your puppet? No, I am your monolith.

WTF-8:
We're probably forgetting the inconvenience of playing without favourite WormKit moduels due to staying on the same version for a few years. Let's see how many would break and how much of an impact it would make.

--- Quote from: j0e on June 10, 2020, 03:54 AM ---3.8 will fix all the annoying compatibility issues people have with Windows 10
--- End quote ---
Then Windows updates and you get all of that back and more!
(There were Win10-specific compatibility issues? I've heard primarily Linux stuff)

--- Quote from: j0e on June 10, 2020, 03:54 AM ---[3.8] is all we will ever really need
--- End quote ---
Yeah who the hell needs in-game kicking and a long list of other things.

--- Quote from: lovEvilution on June 10, 2020, 08:33 AM ---new rubberworm options
--- End quote ---
They aren't new and they won't even be RubberWorm options at that point, just base game options.

Kradie:

--- Quote from: WTF-8 on June 10, 2020, 12:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: j0e on June 10, 2020, 03:54 AM ---[3.8] is all we will ever really need
--- End quote ---
Yeah who the hell needs in-game kicking and a long list of other things.

--- End quote ---
In game kick module is useful and should be default for all that hosts. It is not meant to serve as a troll tool, but rather a troll remover. How many times have games been broken because of an incompatible anomaly? A lot, and at those times having a kick tool would had been useful.

Shadow-The-Worm:
I am American Boot and I'll crash YOUR 3.8!
I am Painis Cupcake and I'll make you regret threatening 4.0.
I am Polish Soldier and I'll make your Armageddon obession go away.

StepS:

--- Quote from: WTF-8 on June 10, 2020, 12:34 PM ---They aren't new and they won't even be RubberWorm options at that point, just base game options.

--- End quote ---

There are many new options not seen before in any WK module.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version