Forums > General discussion

Wireless Keyboard For Roping?

(1/3) > >>

Kradie:
Long ago back in 2015 I had a cheap wireless keyboard, and it was shit for roping. I learned that wireless wasn't the answer for roping. Fast forward today I wonder if there are any wireless keyboard that can be used for roping, and still rope like you normally would on a wired? Such as Logitech G915 TKL. Any thought on it or any wireless keyboard in general?

That's it for now.

Sir-J:
Wireless keyboards are fine for roping when used in 2.4 Ghz connection. Generally, only Bluetooth has horrible latency so I'd avoid that. With that being said, there are a couple options that meet the criteria:

1. Logitech G915 / TKL. Low latency in 2.4 ghz connection and long battery life (can go for several months without charging). However, keycaps will develop shine over time and switches can't be replaced: if a switch breaks after warranty period you won't be able to fix it.
2. Keychron K5 Max / K1 Max. Very customizable keyboard: switches and keycaps are replaceable. Comes with QMK/VIA support which allows to remap keys, create macros, key combinations and so on. Very well built overall: high quality double-shot PBT keycaps, switches and stabilizers are factory lubed. In terms of noise level it is comparatively quiet: I have a K3 Pro which is almost identical to this keyboard and I was surprised to find how quiet it is. Even Logitech K120, a membrane keyboard, is louder. However, battery life leaves a lot to be desired - it can only work for about a week without charging. Also, backlighting on it is useless because it doesn't shine through keycaps.

There are other options but I've only watched reviews or had personal experience with these two.

Wolfgang:
yoo, i have like 13 years using this keyboard for roping (Genius)

Kradie:

--- Quote from: Sir-J on February 14, 2024, 05:51 PM ---Wireless keyboards are fine for roping when used in 2.4 Ghz connection. Generally, only Bluetooth has horrible latency so I'd avoid that. With that being said, there are a couple options that meet the criteria:

1. Logitech G915 / TKL. Low latency in 2.4 ghz connection and long battery life (can go for several months without charging). However, keycaps will develop shine over time and switches can't be replaced: if a switch breaks after warranty period you won't be able to fix it.
2. Keychron K5 Max / K1 Max. Very customizable keyboard: switches and keycaps are replaceable. Comes with QMK/VIA support which allows to remap keys, create macros, key combinations and so on. Very well built overall: high quality double-shot PBT keycaps, switches and stabilizers are factory lubed. In terms of noise level it is comparatively quiet: I have a K3 Pro which is almost identical to this keyboard and I was surprised to find how quiet it is. Even Logitech K120, a membrane keyboard, is louder. However, battery life leaves a lot to be desired - it can only work for about a week without charging. Also, backlighting on it is useless because it doesn't shine through keycaps.

There are other options but I've only watched reviews or had personal experience with these two.

--- End quote ---
Interesting. Thank you for the Info. I've been thinking about wireless for sometime. Though i am wondering if Logitech is thinking of releasing a successor to their G915, hmm.

TheKomodo:
I literally have the Logitech 915 Lightspeed TKL and done a live review on Twitch:

Wireless isn't the same as it used to be, I don't know this as well as KRD but he can explain it better.

The technology for wireless has improved so much some claim it's actually better than wired.

Needless to say, the Logitech wireless is a great option, although expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version