Forums
April 26, 2024, 11:35 AM

Author Topic: Odd Dragon Ball failure.  (Read 821 times)

Offline The Extremist

Odd Dragon Ball failure.
« on: February 08, 2017, 06:36 AM »
What exactly happened at 00:04:23.00?

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Odd Dragon Ball failure.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 07:47 AM »
It looks (and sounds) like the Dragon Ball hit the dud mine. Is there anything unusual past that?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:48 AM »
dragonball hits dud mine, dud mine doesnt move because it is pinned between the 2 worms hitboxes

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 07:52 AM »
You would intuitively expect the mine to move a bit (it probably did, imperceptibly). It's just a really major friction loss due to many bounces between the worms, as far as I know. At 1:00 in this replay, you can see how much speed the mine loses when there's a tiny amount of space between two worms.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:54 AM by Mablak »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 07:52 AM »
What happened here, Extremist, is that you had turn worth of WSE :)

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Since what happened is so obvious to everyone,  clearly I don't understand how Dragon Ball works. The dud mine was behind a worm. Shouldn't the worm be hit? I mean, if I stand right next to a worm and use Fire Punch or Prod, the worm gets hit every time. Sometimes I've had whiffs with Baseball Bat, but they're usually from standing IN a worm, not next to it.

EDIT: Ok, I'm a god damn idiot. I always knew I was. The player was indeed standing IN the near worm, not next to it. Feel free to send me back to Worm Nursery School.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:51 AM by The Extremist »