Forums
April 26, 2024, 02:50 AM

Author Topic: Worms Movie - Replays Needed  (Read 1977 times)

Worms Movie - Replays Needed
« on: August 18, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Hi Guys,

Long time no speak, hope you're all well and enjoying the game.  I wish I could still play but my new pc is totally shit for worms and it has loads of glitches and stuff which means I can just about manage artillery games. 

I want to make a short worms movie / replay compilation.  Just because my worms channel has quite a lot of subscribers now and I've not been active enough to keep posting new videos.

Could you email any cool replays to cueshark29@googlemail.com

If you could name your replays with the time of the cool shit.

Cheers.

Cue : <

Re: Worms Movie - Replays Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 11:43 PM »
Any particular kind of stuff you're looking for? :)

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Nahh, not really.

Just single replays would be good.

I now have 600+ subscribers and quite a few people just want interesting replays to watch.

I might make a little compilation if I get a few.  Or just single replays which are worth putting on there.

:<

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 12:31 AM »
I've sent you a bunch of replays, Cue :) There's bound to be something to your liking in there and I hope more people will follow suit

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 01:51 AM »
* KoreanRedDragon follows suit.

The Elite and Exploding Girders replays I sent were kinda cool games overall, not so much only about the timestamps in the file name. The rest are mainly about the moments that made me say to myself "See, this is why WA has the best engine of any game ever" when they happened.

If you end up needing more or different replays, let me know and I'll do some more digging!

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:26 PM »
Cheers.

I'll get round to doing something with them.

I was thinking of something like a "turn of the week".  Could maybe be a TUS run thing? 

Would be good to do something like that.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 10:17 PM »
Well, I've been adding a couple of promos on the front page for entertaining turns, so you could nab some of those replays :)

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 02:29 AM »
I was thinking of something like a "turn of the week".  Could maybe be a TUS run thing? 

Would be good to do something like that.

j0hny started doing basically that a while back, except one movie for each season, not weekly:

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/best-games-of-the-season-23410/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/best-games-of-the-season-2-24226/

No idea why those are in the offtopic forum, though!

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 02:29 AM »
Get's the ball rolling.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Congatulations to Korydex! :<
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:41 AM by Cueshark »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 02:21 AM »
well, wanna rather "turn" or "game" of the week? or both separatedly maybe...?
was thinking of send you replay of intense chuterace match i had with pepa during wo but that wouldnt be some "turn" thing...
dunno if chuterace is vid worthy in your eyes anyway...
it is in my :)
got a huge bunch of awesome bna turns/shots jotted tho btw, if interested.
cuz planning making bna advertise movie since long time, but never started so far.
would need to sort that stuff tho, i only wrote down date, time and opponent for those shots, half of those notes dont even got replaytime added :D so somewhen when im really bored i will go through all those notes, try to find the replays and then it will be a great collection :o
eh. wut?

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 07:37 AM »
Weee, my roosters there  :D

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 12:15 AM »
For those not subscribed to Cueshark's channel (shame on you!):

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 05:19 PM »
I'd like to start a pretty similar idea, however organized differently: there will still be weekly winners, but I won't make videos that often because I don't think I can do that. So instead there will be about 1 video a month (after every 5 weeks probably), with each week's winner. This time, the submitted shots must be from the current week; though if you missed your week and there's still no video out for it, you can go and send it.

I'll pick replays from the Game Awards Center, so make sure to nominate league games with exceptional shots! You may also email me those shots (my email address is on my profile page) or upload them somewhere and link them to me via a TUS PM - in which cases, the email/PM must have "Shot of the week" in its name.

The first video will cover a period from Monday, October 20th (yesterday) to Sunday, November 23rd. Good hunt!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:44 PM by LeTotalKiller »

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 05:29 PM »
\o/

Don't forget to also submit awful replays to WSE :)

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53 AM »
Literally no nominations so far, I hope it won't stay like that because otherwise no movie.