Forums > Off Topic

Be Careful ae

<< < (4/7) > >>

Triad:

--- Quote from: Kradie on July 08, 2020, 10:26 AM ---I know no one with corona, or anyone that knows anyone that have/had it.

I know that influenza kills a lot more or aligned with corona death numbers.

But sure, be always careful with the flu aka corona propaganda driven disease.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Kradie on July 08, 2020, 01:07 PM ---This is how left operates. They insult anyone that they don't agree with, with no foundation to a mature answer.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Kradie on July 08, 2020, 01:07 PM ---You shouldn't joke about it then.

Coronavirus is just a flu stirred up by the media, it is another form of control.

--- End quote ---

Imagine unironically falling for /pol/ memes.

Did you really come to these conclusions by individual thinking or are you just parroting what your group is thinking, just like "left" may do?

CDC estimates that from 2010-2011 to 2013-2014, influenza-associated deaths in the United States ranged from a low of 12,000 (during 2011-2012) to a high of 56,000 (during 2012-2013). While first COVID-19 case in the US was at January 20th, current death toll is 134.000 in just 6-7 months. And this is with people somewhat taking precautions against it. If people didn't give a f@#! about it like a flu, that toll would be much higher.

Not to mention the known things such as death rate is not what makes COVID-19 scary. The unknown aspects, such as long term effects is what makes it scary. For example with SARS, a virus strain very similar to COVID-19, it was observed that forty percent reported some degree of chronic fatigue and 27 percent met diagnostic criteria for chronic fatigue syndrome. f@#!ing hell, imagine generations of people with shitty chronic diseases.

Nobody is denying things like government might use this pandemic to seize more control. But disregarding the danger this virus might potentially pose for us is downright retarded.

Also stop polarizing your entire worldview whether something is right wing or lefty. You look as dumb as a sports hooligan that "supports" his "team" before anything else. This is not a sports game you retard.

Kradie:
This is no sports game, where one cheer on one side of the political spectrum and vice versa. My point is that the media makes it a bigger deal than it has to be. Likely funded by corrupt politicians, big corporations and rich philanthropist . The many Western countries are like a oligarchy, where its people's votes doesn't matter much. The only one who benefits from this crisis are listed in my previous statement. Bill Gates also have said we must prepare for the next wave:

Again, I have never disputed the seriousness of the Covid-19. I think it is very serious, that is why I chose to reply to this thread. I thought nino was serious about this, not joking about this. Yes, I think it sucks really big time that people die from this virus, I am not looking the other way.
I am glad some of us can agree that Government, big corporations are taking advantage of the situation economically. But I am not going to apologize for having my own opinions.

Ok, so what do we agree on? Covid-19 sucks? Ok we all agree. But according to tballiance ''Last year, 10 million fell ill from TB and 1.5 million died. TB is an airborne disease that can be spread by coughing or sneezing and is the leading cause of infectious disease worldwide''. Oh where are the safety measurement for this? I do not know. But get this, SINGING CAUSES SPREAD OF COVID-19!
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-06-01/coronavirus-choir-singing-cdc-warning

3 million people have died of poverty in 2020.
Nearly 5 million people have died from hunger 2020 so far.
Normally approximately 9 million dies from hunger.

See? Not everything are as black and white.

Regulations are necessary yes, but not to extreme measures where it robs people of their liberty. Quarantine home is fine, and it is also human's responsibility to sanitize themselves and be reasonable of their action in society. Many people in Norway basically doesn't give a much of a damn. People flocking to support Black Lives Matter, and go cramped into the beaches. There's no logic there. Oh no, not just ordinary citizen of my country, but politicians, who just breaks the regulations at all costs. The government and WHO are bunch of hypocrites who can't align with their own guidelines. Sure you might have seen some of them on TV with masks on, but that's just a masquerade.

https://www.tballiance.org/why-new-tb-drugs/global-pandemic
https://www.theworldcounts.com/challenges/people-and-poverty/hunger-and-obesity/how-many-people-die-from-hunger-each-year

Triad:
I agree that WHO is full of shit and BLM protests outside of US, where at countries with no black population is quite dumb.

But also those statistics are not suitable for comparison with COVID-19. TB killed about 1.5 million people, and that's a truth, but it's an incomplete truth. These TB cases mostly recorded on shit ass countries. In 2018, 87% of new TB cases occurred in the 30 high TB burden countries. Eight countries accounted for two thirds of the new TB cases: India, China, Indonesia, Philippines, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh and South Africa. And just to be sure, I checked countries with highest TB death rate per population. According to 2018, top 10 countries with highest death rate per population is: Central African Republic, North Korea, Mozambique, Nigeria, Nambia, Angola, Congo, Liberia, Papua New Guinea, Congo. They don't seem like countries with that good healthcare right? Reason why I used two statistics from US is to show its danger without other factors like being a shit ass country.

Poverty and hunger kills more people in the world so far, yes. But do you think anyone you could see on the internet lives in countries with such problems? Obviously those two are worse. If you can't feed yourself to survive, chances are you can't do shit against COVID-19 anyway. Our concern is just to encourage people to do simple things to lower the COVID-19 cases. So on that note...

--- Quote from: Kradie on July 09, 2020, 03:19 PM ---Regulations are necessary yes, but not to extreme measures where it robs people of their liberty. Quarantine home is fine, and it is also human's responsibility to sanitize themselves and be reasonable of their action in society.

--- End quote ---

...I agree with this. For example in Turkey, there's a bill discussed in parliament that will basically reshape bar associations to give government more authority. And maybe more than 95% of bar association protesting this, and rallying against the bill. Government tries to use "breaking guidelines for COVID-19" to stop rallies, but people actually take really good measures (masks, distance etc.) to prevent that. Even if it might still increase the chances for COVID-19, it is also important to fight for our liberties.

Hopefully, having liberties and having precautions are not mutually exclusive. We ara capable to achieve a balance and not go for one extreme, as long as people stay vigilant.

Kradie:
I believe I rest my case for now. I see no reason to further this debate at this time.

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: Triad on July 09, 2020, 04:16 PM ---I agree that WHO is full of shit and BLM protests outside of US, where at countries with no black population is quite dumb.

--- End quote ---

While I think the way people have been protesting at the same time a deadly virus is globally present is extremely dumb, I don't think it's dumb at all to protest in support of BLM in general, anywhere, I think in theory it's a great idea, but the execution is pathetic and downright disrespectful.

Black Lives Matter is just a slogan, a motto if you will, a catchy few words that can be used as a headline, but the bigger picture is to try and bring equality to everyone, to put an end to police brutality, government corruption, discrimination(of any kind), and various other things, and if you think about it, it doesn't just affect humans, it affects all life on Earth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version