Forums > Off Topic

Is the world getting worse?

<< < (5/7) > >>

STRGRN:
Couldn't agree more skunk. Collectivism and progressivism are a plague to humanity. The solution is individualism and conservatism.

Kradie:

--- Quote from: STRGRN on March 18, 2019, 04:13 PM ---Couldn't agree more skunk. Collectivism and progressivism are a plague to humanity. The solution is individualism and conservatism.

--- End quote ---

Same, I couldn't put it better myself. It feels like skunk's text was dragged from my subconscious mind.

At this rate, humanity is heading to a dystopia cyberpunk future. Sci-fi turns to reality, it is actually frightening thought.

I just hope there won't be a super villain who will eradicate mankind to ''save'' it.

But I guess there will be ''freedom fighters'' in the future, and they will likely be tagged as terrorists. You already see this online, if you speak your mind like say Skunk here have, you are quick to be labeled as a bot, bigotry, sexist, racist and so on.

h3oCharles:
phone-only normies is a topic for another thread IMO

Anubis:
We are closing in on a transitional era for humanity, that means practical skills like cooking, house making etc. all become mundane and unimportant because we will have technology slowly, bit by bit replace all day to day chores. We also work towards a society where we have more people than jobs, that means more people will have no actual job that benefits the civilization and need to be occupied elsewhere. It's not as bad as some of you make it out to be, yes, we are losing our "traditional" life where everything is clearly separated with family and job and technology. It all melts itself into everything we use and care about. At one point resources and energy will become a lot less valuable to us and we will freely distribute the wealth more equally once the majority of goods are produced by machines that are fueled by free energy. I think everything we currently develop is still more positive than negative once it's done. The main issue is that money and as a result of this driving factor, corruption and lobby work has too much say in our world.

A lot of skunks complaints are very subjective, which makes sense since he speaks his mind, but when judging if the world is getting worse you have to be as objectively as possible. Things like buying a music record online or in a store with a physical copy are completely irrelevant and don't determine if the world is getting worse. If that was the case you could make a case that since the start of humanity the world has gotten worse because instead of using cattle plough we are now using tractors that let us cultivate more efficiently. Efficiency does not undermine respect for the art. It's all more accessible and because of that, a faster world. Is a faster world inherently bad? No, it just works faster and has no impact on you individually unless you let it be. A human does not work faster than 100 years ago, our muscles and brain power is the same as before. We just utilize the brain and muscle power in a more efficient way through the use of technology which then seems like we live faster. The farmer from 100 years ago was just as exhausted after work as any of us that work a physical demanding job, probably even more since less protection for his well-being was in place.

Most of us are in the mid 30s, and I remember it crystal clear when I was young and the "old generation" of 30+ complain about the new stuff, I always said I will be open to change, I accept the world is ever-changing and since profit/capitalism hasn't changed, anything that currently changes is the same that would happen 30 years ago, just that technology wasn't as developed to do it. If 30 years ago smart phones were a possibility, they would have existed. So they are not bad or worse, they just weren't feasible to realize, and as long as money is the driving factor we will continue to see faster aka. more efficient use of our time. In the end most consumer technology is to save time, being able to play games on your phones saves time to do other things when you come home from work. I see this as a positive not a negative. We end up with more time when everything works faster. The problem is, that most individuals feel "forced" to do everything. You can still enjoy a full evening of reading and turn off your connection to the "cyber world". People just don't have the will power and you are 100% to blame if you find yourself in such a situation. You are still in control of your life, don't watch stupid mainstream news, or tv shows. There is so much available to you, you just have to pick and choose. Or choose to close the channels and press "x" and do something offline. ;D

nino:
I Agree with you!

years ago my granddad used to buy slaves to work on his farm!! now i have to pay these putos!!! porraa  >:(

jk ae!!! slavery sucks!!!! cos king!!1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version