Forums > Off Topic

Spotify users?

<< < (2/4) > >>

h3oCharles:

--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 17, 2018, 06:36 AM ---Also, they have a family plan for Spotify (at least in the U.S... ?) that is like $15/mo for something like 4 or 6 (!!!) accounts. You can some friends/family could chip in a couple of dollars each month and all have premium.
--- End quote ---

works in Poland, my brother with bunch of friends are using that

--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 17, 2018, 06:42 AM ---I liked some of the stuff you have in the "99L" playlist [...]
--- End quote ---

go check out Ninety9Lives HERE

HHC:
Ehh I guess I'll try it for a few months.

I already had Premium a few years ago, but didn't use Spotify as often as I do now. Back then it came for free with my internet/phone provider.

I still don't think it's really worth 120$ a year compared to the Free version or the webversion, for most people.
But well, it's kinda my standard player atm, as I've gotten too lazy to download new stuff for my library.

The offline storage in just Spotify format is a real let down though. I love playing music on Audiosurf, it's a great way to delve deeper into a particular song, but it can't recognize the Spotify files :(

There are ways to convert them, but the only trustworthy program out there is another $$$ investment.. or you have to record the sound that your PC plays atm, which is also a bullshitty way of getting mp3's.

h3oCharles:
Personally, I'd rather buy once and keep it forever instead of decreasing my salary by the dumb crap that I could avoid

Kradie:
I currently use Google Music and I am really happy with the offering and quality of the music.

Deezer is another worthy contender, they offer music in flac format.
They also have over 40 million music to offer.
What let me down about Deezer, is that their desktop app ''was'' buggy and somewhat cluttered and inconsistent.
Though this was 2 years ago.

skunk3:
You can easily download flac/mp3 and sometimes even wav files via the typical filesharing programs once you find something you like. I don't care about having the actual file on my device anymore. Years ago? Yeah, I had hard drives full of mp3's and stacks of burned cds and dvds. Rarely am I in any place in which I cannot access Spotify, even when way out in the countryside. I can't even tell you the last time I listened to a CD... and the only time I ever really listen to mp3/flac/wav is when I DJ. When I'm at home chillin' or in my car driving around, it's 100% Spotify.

IMO the price you pay for Spotify is very much worth it, even if you're just paying for a single account at $10/month. If you go for a 'family' plan it's what... $2.50 per person, per month? $120/year might sound like a lot of money but it really isn't. Most people piss away way more than $10/month on random crap like coffee, soda, water, candy, cigarettes, weed, beer, etc. Also, one thing to note is that the audio quality for the free version of Spotify is less than that of the paid version. At home I listen to my music on some pretty nice JBL studio monitors with a matching sub and I have no complaints about the sound quality at all. It's leagues better than listening to the same track on YouTube.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version