Forums > Off Topic

Webysteria - fast-paced artillery and roping game

<< < (10/13) > >>

TheWalrus:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on December 01, 2018, 10:46 AM ---Presenting main character! (call him Mr. Web?)

"Roping" much improved, scenery gets more color and background as well, leg walking animation needs refinement to be in sync...

Komito: the sound effects you hear in the video are placeholders, although some of them I like. If you can improve upon those, I'll appreciate that!

--- End quote ---
i love how this game is coming along, the spider character is a nice touch, i like the shooting animations and the legs flailing around when roping.

im on the webysteria bandwagon, will help in any way i can, echo the sentiments of anubis, it really looks like its coming along phenomenally, keep it up

h3oCharles:
web hysteria.

I call clickbait cuz no 1 sec turn time Kappa

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: TheWalrus on December 02, 2018, 08:05 AM ---im on the webysteria bandwagon, will help in any way i can, echo the sentiments of anubis, it really looks like its coming along phenomenally, keep it up

--- End quote ---

Thanks Wally, much appreciated. The progress staled a bit but I try to keep up the pace. I should consider taking breaks... Feels like I'm on a full time job. Also need to overcome my own personal issues to make it happen, and that way to be able to receive help...

--- Quote from: TheMadCharles on December 02, 2018, 08:50 AM ---web hysteria.

I call clickbait cuz no 1 sec turn time Kappa

--- End quote ---

While I haven't yet programmed any substantial gameplay, the "classic" scheme should be somewhat reminiscent to RnR scheme I created some time ago which has 6 sec per turn. I'll most likely try to implement 1 sec scheme but taking into account that I can program any gameplay this might be not necessary to restrict turn time to 1 sec and provide "hysterianess" in other ways.

Personally I don't play hysteria for its quick turns, what I like about it is a nice combination of artillery and simple tactics that require quick action, and that's what I'm trying to replicate and improve upon here. Real-time mode might already provide some of the benefits along with turn-based mode.

Husk:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on December 02, 2018, 12:37 PM ---Personally I don't play hysteria for its quick turns, what I like about it is a nice combination of artillery and simple tactics that require quick action, and that's what I'm trying to replicate and improve upon here. Real-time mode might already provide some of the benefits along with turn-based mode.

--- End quote ---

yeah m8 also kaos and drown makes for quick action. but yeah hysteria is unique in that it's fun to discover what can be done in 1 second as u know very well rayez

oh and impressive game m8

h3oCharles:
make real time rope race plz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version