Forums > Schemes

Ideas for TUS schemes

<< < (3/4) > >>

FoxHound:

--- Quote from: Mustachio on July 29, 2021, 03:53 AM ---This is a great idea.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.

Another thing I was thinking about is when a scheme (meaning major game mode) is actually a series of schemes (meaning small variation concepts towards the same central idea), like Knock Race (series) and Mutants Mission (series) or when a scheme (meaning major game mode) has one specific scheme file for each map of it, like in the case of Board Game, Walk for Weapons (although this one I believe has a main scheme file), Boom for Weapons and Drive for Weapons. I don't like to see each "subscheme" of these schemes among the other 4000 schemes. Maybe TUS should create the concept of "subschemes" or whatever it can be called, the website should understand that if someone organize a Tournament or Cup of Board Game (if this ever happen) it doesn't consist of a single scheme file. The Cup or the Tournament must link to a scheme and allow all their subschemes to be played. The same way that a scheme attached on a map must be clear that it is just a small variation specific to the map of a major scheme concept. Right now TUS and all other WA websites I believe ignore these types of schemes.

TheKomodo:
Yeah that's a good idea!

I guess it would work similar to how if you do a remix of a map which already exists? Where you can select the original author.

Since an alternate scheme is literally a remix, that would work out great!

MonkeyIsland:
Sure why not.

FoxHound:

--- Quote from: Komito on July 29, 2021, 01:17 PM ---Yeah that's a good idea!

I guess it would work similar to how if you do a remix of a map which already exists? Where you can select the original author.

Since an alternate scheme is literally a remix, that would work out great!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, definitely it would be nice to see the map remixes attached to the original one.

FoxHound:
Another thing I tought now: It would be interesting if we could select more than one scheme that can be played for the map being uploaded. For example, you select the main scheme that the map is designed for and also other schemes that the map can be played. This way the map would appear when searching for a scheme that it can be played. The only problem of this idea is that many people could abuse and select lots of schemes just to promote their map. This idea is not very important, though (it doesn't need to be implemented). Maybe with admins organizing the maps, removing the abuses or trolls, this could be an interesting possibility, because many maps can be played using other schemes (for example Teleporting maps could be used to play Kaos).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version