Forums > Schemes

Ideas for TUS schemes

<< < (2/4) > >>

FoxHound:
Another example of gifs of plays of a scheme I remembered now: Neocombat wiki article (which was transfered from Scheme ideas to Schemes page now, and is supported by HostingBuddy)

And I said about the ideal dimensions of the scheme icon, because I often upload an image that doesn't appear the way I wanted, being hard to distinguish when you are seeing the schemes list in TUS. I completely forget sometimes that I can upload scheme icons that are gifs and not simple images... I may do a gif icon one day... I just hope I use the right dimensions.

MonkeyIsland:
I'll consider those into account. The map section of TUS already has "uploader" and "author" fields separately.
The best dimension is having square ratio.

FoxHound:
Thanks, I will try to create square images for the icons for now on, however I have the impression that if you upload a large square image, it still will appear a bit strange in the schemes list, maybe small images appear better there, that's why I said about the ideal dimensions.

Another thing I thought is that, at least for me, I'm using the scheme acronym field to put the real name of my scheme, because it appears bigger, and I think the name usually is more important than the acronym, even though many schemes we prefer to use the acronym, like BnG, WxW, etc. The field for the scheme name I use as a slogan, because it supports a lot of characters, so I can describe the main idea of the scheme there, explain briefly what the scheme is about.

So I think TUS could separate these 2 fields (scheme acronym and scheme name) into 3:

1. Scheme name (Bigger than the acronym or same size of the acronym)
2. Scheme acronym (Smaller than the name or same size of the name, appearing at the side of the name or maybe below)
3. Scheme slogan (Smaller text comparing to the name or the acronym, allowing many characters to describe the scheme briefly)

FoxHound:
 I thought about another idea. A player uploading a scheme in TUS should be able to assign that scheme as a scheme variation of another one, choosing the scheme available in TUS schemes list or if the scheme is not there yet, the player could write the name of the original scheme the variation being uploaded is about. Doing this that scheme variation should stay attached to the original scheme page, so that people who click in Hysteria would be able to find all its variations very easily and they wouldn't be in the meadle of a sea of 4000 schemes that sometimes people made in 1 second without thinking so much about it. Admins of the website could also attach scheme variations to their original schemes.

Mustachio:

--- Quote from: FoxHound on July 29, 2021, 03:39 AM --- I thought about another idea. A player uploading a scheme in TUS should be able to assign that scheme as a scheme variation of another one, choosing the scheme available in TUS schemes list or if the scheme is not there yet, the player could write the name of the original scheme the variation being uploaded is about. Doing this that scheme variation should stay attached to the original scheme page, so that people who click in Hysteria would be able to find all its variations very easily and they wouldn't be in the meadle of a sea of 4000 schemes that sometimes people made in 1 second without thinking so much about it. Admins of the website could also attach scheme variations to their original schemes.

--- End quote ---

This is a great idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version