Forums > TUS Discussion

Anti-lock in BnG

<< < (9/15) > >>

TheKomodo:
Yeah, you missed a fair few there, but yeah, that seems normal :)

TheWalrus:

--- Quote from: Anubis on September 12, 2020, 07:27 PM ---Yeah, I suppose to me every possible shot was more in line with shots that actually make sense in a serious match, lol. Not 3 banks and 2 bounces with lg. That is in fact impossible to notch.

Things I could notch were: 3 sec, 4sec fp, 4sec lg, 5sec lg, 4sec lg ground bounce, 5sec lg ground bounce, 3sec wall bounce, 4sec wall bounce lg, bazooka from 0-9 winds both directions. Bazooka lg 0-5 both directions (6-9 didn't make a lot of practical sense). So it was a broad range but not literally every shot that you could do, to me that was basically every shot you will ever need in a match.

--- End quote ---
i respect your hustle but that much notching just sounds boring

My add could never handle that

My take is let the notchers notch, the rest of us can just play, not like we are losing out on cash prizes.  If people want to play the game that way let them.

GrO:

--- Quote from: TheWalrus on September 13, 2020, 01:44 AM ---My take is let the notchers notch, the rest of us can just play, not like we are losing out on cash prizes.  If people want to play the game that way let them.

--- End quote ---
...well said - some people just need a perspective and chill :)

Anubis:

--- Quote from: TheWalrus on September 13, 2020, 01:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Anubis on September 12, 2020, 07:27 PM ---Yeah, I suppose to me every possible shot was more in line with shots that actually make sense in a serious match, lol. Not 3 banks and 2 bounces with lg. That is in fact impossible to notch.

Things I could notch were: 3 sec, 4sec fp, 4sec lg, 5sec lg, 4sec lg ground bounce, 5sec lg ground bounce, 3sec wall bounce, 4sec wall bounce lg, bazooka from 0-9 winds both directions. Bazooka lg 0-5 both directions (6-9 didn't make a lot of practical sense). So it was a broad range but not literally every shot that you could do, to me that was basically every shot you will ever need in a match.

--- End quote ---
i respect your hustle but that much notching just sounds boring

My add could never handle that

My take is let the notchers notch, the rest of us can just play, not like we are losing out on cash prizes.  If people want to play the game that way let them.

--- End quote ---

BnG was never a very fun scheme for me to begin with, it was entirely a requirement to play for clanners, similar to elite. My passion, as you are aware was always roping. I learned the other schemes out of necessity because of my competitive drive. The fun in BnG was based on winning rather than playing. :)

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: TheWalrus on September 13, 2020, 01:44 AM ---My take is let the notchers notch, the rest of us can just play, not like we are losing out on cash prizes.  If people want to play the game that way let them.

--- End quote ---

I mean, yes, you are absolutely 100% correct really, and that's pretty much what happened, and that's pretty much why bng is dead, I notice a number of people who used to argue against notching now seem to support it, do you know how depressing that is?

It reminds me of my old job when people were doing dodgy things and if you complain about it you are literally told "That's just the way it is", do you know how soulcrushing it feels when people literally give up like that when it's something you really care about?

Look at it from another perspective?

Imagine if the entirety of worms was as predictable as bng is when you are notching, imagine you don't just play the game naturally, instead of roping, players are programming TAS bots to take their turns, how long do you think it would take before that got boring?

My problem hasn't even ever been that notching exists, or people even knowing how to do it, it's that notching and non-notching should be considered different matchups, kinda like how in speedrunning you have Any% and Glitchless categories, but the problem is people found ways around it being visually obvious they are notching and there are a lot of things they can do which are impossible to tell if they are actually using mathematics to play.

You know what, that was pretty much my whole problem with school education system in the first place, they took the fun out of learning things in a way that works for you naturally and forced you to do it one way that suits them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version