Forums > TUS Discussion

Anti-lock in BnG

<< < (14/15) > >>

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on March 24, 2023, 07:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Xrayez on March 24, 2023, 06:47 PM ---Therefore, the addition of the reaim feature into the scheme changes mostly nothing for skillful instinctual players

--- End quote ---

So first of all, you said they aren't affected, not you are saying it changes "mostly nothing" which is completely different from having no affect at all.

You are literally contradicting yourself, or perhaps even more amusingly, can't even make up your own mind.

--- End quote ---

My two statements are:

* Skilled instinctual players are not affected by the reaim feature, but less skilled players may be affected.
* Therefore, the addition of the reaim feature into the scheme changes mostly nothing for skillful instinctual players, but I also realize that this may affect those who are less skilled to do instinctual shots.The first statement is from the TL;DR version of my explanation, while the other is from the complete explanation.

My two statements are not contradictory, as they do not oppose each other. The first statement suggests that skilled players are not affected by the feature, and the second statement simply follows up by stating that adding the feature will not change much for these skilled players.

Therefore, the second statement could be classified as complementary or more elaborate version of the first one. The first statement is saying that skilled players are not affected by the feature, the second is explaining the consequence - that the addition of the feature won't change much for skilled players. The two statements are working together to provide a more complete picture of the situation.

Moreover, the fact that you're nitpicking non-existing contradictions between a TL;DR and a complete answer, this doesn't constitute a contradiction either.

Don't you think so?

P.S. Note that if you try to semantically shift the "contradiction" word itself in an attempt to win an argument or to avoid admitting that you have a misconception about it, I definitely end the discussion here. ;D

P.P.S. Please, don't tell me that I don't know English. :D

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on March 24, 2023, 08:22 PM ---My two statements are:

* Skilled instinctual players are not affected by the reaim feature, but less skilled players may be affected.
* Therefore, the addition of the reaim feature into the scheme changes mostly nothing for skillful instinctual players, but I also realize that this may affect those who are less skilled to do instinctual shots.
--- End quote ---

Exactly.

The 1st one says skilled instinctual players are not affected by the reaim feature.
The second one says skilled instinctual players are affected by the reaim feature.

Those 2 statements directly conflict with each other, so make up your mind, they either are or aren't affected.

Even though regardless what your opinion is, the fact is that they definitely are affected. I know this at the very least based on firsthand and personal experience. Not to mention there are others who know the same as I.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here except look like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on March 24, 2023, 08:29 PM ---The 1st one says skilled instinctual players are not affected by the reaim feature.
The second one says skilled instinctual players are affected by the reaim feature.

--- End quote ---

Looks like you followed request:

* You haven't semantically shifted the "contradiction" word itself.
* You haven't accused me for not knowing English.Yet, you literally rewrote my two statements in order to misrepresent and misinterpret my argument. I'm looking at you, the strawman! :D

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on March 24, 2023, 08:29 PM ---Not sure what you are trying to achieve here except look like you have no idea what you're talking about.

--- End quote ---

Congratulations! What a beautiful projection right here. :D

I'm done. :)

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on March 24, 2023, 08:53 PM ---Yet, you literally rewrote my two statements in order to misrepresent and misinterpret my argument. I'm looking at you, the strawman! :D

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Xrayez on March 24, 2023, 08:22 PM ---My two statements are:

* Therefore, the addition of the reaim feature into the scheme changes mostly nothing for skillful instinctual players, but I also realize that this may affect those who are less skilled to do instinctual shots.
--- End quote ---

Saying that something is not affected, means it is absolutely not affected, as in unaffected, as in nothing changes, there is no difference, nothing.

Then you contradicted that by saying that "the addition of the reaim feature into the scheme changes mostly nothing for skillful instinctual players".

"mostly nothing" is not the same as "absolutely nothing", it means majority, as in there is actually a change for skillful instinctual players.

If there is even the slightest change, even 0.000000000000000000000001%, it's still different from absolutely nothing, that is still an affect!

So again, make up your mind, you either think it does have an affect, or it doesn't, regardless of how minor or major that change is that you personally believe.

I'm not misrepresenting or misinterpreting your words. If that conclusion wasn't your intention, then you need to be more careful how you word things. You made the same mistake while going on about "propaganda".

Edit:

Let me put this into further perspective for you...

You've seen "Aliens" right? Remember the famous line by Newt?

--- Quote from: Newt ---And they mostly come at night... Mostly...
--- End quote ---

If you used your own logic while on LV-426, if you thought you were safe walking around during the day time, you'd be gravely mistaken.

FoxHound:
So, my suggestion is to play BnG with notching since there's no way to forbidden it properly. I bet notchers will have trouble to notch dealing with Anti-lock power every turn.

All new features for BnG are cool, just update the scheme and play with the smallest possible number of rules. That's what I think.

People say that players who try to put rules in hysteria are dumb, but I think it's not too different from notching in BnG. It's hard/impossible to implement a rule "no telecow" efficiently in hysteria, the same way it's hard/impossible to implement the rule "no notching" efficiently in BnG.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version