Forums > General discussion

20 years from now, will Worms Armageddon still exist online?

(1/3) > >>

Kradie:
Worms Armageddon has remained relevant for 20 years thanks to the community. Will this activity trend continue and remain strong for another 20 more years? Or will it decline due to lack of interest among players, incompatible hardware, and software?

TheWalrus:
People will probably play now and then but no active user base in 20 years.  Let’s face it WA is an amazing game, we all love it, but it isn’t an all time classic in the eyes of the public.  Activity has been nice through the years, but it is easy to see where it is going.  It could change if T17 suddenly becomes a good developer and can crank out a hit worms game.  That would bring players back. 

h3oCharles:

--- Quote from: TheWalrus on January 29, 2019, 07:18 PM ---It could change if T17 suddenly becomes a good developer and can crank out a hit worms game.  That would bring players back.
--- End quote ---
I think we all now how much of a flop WMD is/was

skunk3:
I don't think that WMD was a flop. It sold well and has a decent amount of players, but unfortunately the player base is split between many platforms. I think that Team17 can definitely make another hit Worms title... WMD is a good game but needs more polish and refinement to be excellent. If Team17 can make a new Worms game with true and full cross platform compatibility and also listen to the community to prevent making boneheaded decisions in terms of gameplay options/elements, it would be a hit. The biggest mistake Team17 made in regards to WMD is not asking for input from the community and running a closed beta. I've offered to do this for them multiple times. There are certain things about WMD that I don't like but I think the single biggest flaw is the divided player base. Worms simply isn't a franchise that can thrive like that. People will see a lack of activity and get bored and not want to play it, but if everyone was all together I think people would be surprised as to how many people are into Worms, and more players = more players sticking around and being active, as well as attracting even more and more people.

As far as whether or not W:A will have a player base in 20 years... I doubt it. I doubt servers will even be up in 20 years. I'm amazed it's still up and going, to be honest. I barely play the game anymore (maybe once a week for 2 hours or so) and even with the 3.8 update I don't see that as drumming up much activity. Maybe a little at first but eventually it's going to dwindle again.

Anubis:
Probably not, then again I plan to stick around until I am dead even if I am not actively playing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version