Forums > General discussion

Current status of the League

<< < (60/60)

TheWalrus:

--- Quote from: Chicken23 on November 14, 2018, 08:35 PM ---Just changing the topic slightly.

The current system requirements at the mid way point have pretty much given us POs for tus singles. we have 30 days for 1 more active person to get a 50% winning ratio.

What about clanners?! i'm seeing some games being played...

--- End quote ---
I think 50% win ratio should be waived with this few people in the league.  There isn't a big pool of people and there is deserving players like chicken23 and oldsock that would be otherwise penalized for playing an inordinate amount of games against the top players in the league. 

50% win ratio is pointless with the current ELO system tus uses, the points already balance out the good players from the bad players.

Senator:

--- Quote from: Chicken23 on November 14, 2018, 08:33 PM ---And whats your suggestion? What is the problem with the above? If highest seed player picks and has advantage to select 3 rope based schemes.. thats fair because they are the highest seeded player right?

--- End quote ---

It might be fair but it's against the idea of an all-around league.

--- Quote from: Senator on October 29, 2018, 02:01 PM ---Playoffs should represent the league in miniature and tell which player masters a set of different kind of schemes the best. We can accomplish that by having every scheme type played in a PO series.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Senator on October 27, 2018, 05:56 PM ---Players can pick
2 of BnG, Hysteria, Aerial
2 of Elite, Intermediate, Team17, Shopper
2 of TTRR, Roper, WxW, Big RR

For example, if you pick Elite and your opponent picks Shopper, you can't pick Intermediate or Team17 anymore.

--- End quote ---

We have roughly 3 different scheme types in the league - roping, artillery and strategic. "Max 2 picks per scheme type" makes sure that all the scheme types get played. To win a PO series, you need to show all-around skills and beat the opponent at least in 2 different scheme types. The higher ranked player would still have an advantage but not as huge as currently.

Chicken23:

--- Quote from: Senator on October 27, 2018, 05:56 PM ---Players can pick
2 of BnG, Hysteria, Aerial
2 of Elite, Intermediate, Team17, Shopper
2 of TTRR, Roper, WxW, Big RR

For example, if you pick Elite and your opponent picks Shopper, you can't pick Intermediate or Team17 anymore.

--- End quote ---

I think it has to either be this system you propose.. or first seed picks first and bo5 out of all available schemes.

My only disagreement with your scheme pool is that shopper isn't anywhere near as strategic as elite, inter and t17. Shopper is a rope based scheme in my opinion that requires pure consistency and attacking every turn with knowledge of a mix of weapons to win. Against a good shopper player you both players never miss a turn.. also shopper shouldn't have unlimited zooks and should no bullshit cr8s like fp or db..

however, a lot of strong ropers would hate that because a good default player could pick shopper on purpose to use up a 'rope based' pick and stop opponent picking wxw, rr and roper..

thats actually what i used to do in single playoffs in some leagues!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version