Forums > General discussion

MapGEN v0.8.7.2

<< < (73/77) > >>

Storm2:

--- Quote from: Plutonic on July 24, 2020, 08:10 PM ---Just tried on a fresh Steam install, and was able to get them working once I move MadCHook.dll over from my CD install. Do you have that dll? Does it just not work at all, or do you get an error message?

--- End quote ---

I transferred that dll over and both modules are working now, thanks very much :)

StepS:

--- Quote from: Storm2 on July 24, 2020, 09:04 PM ---I transferred that dll over and both modules are working now, thanks very much :)

--- End quote ---
You should've received an error upon starting the game if madCHook is missing. Modules depending on it will not load otherwise.
Specifically, error 0x0000007E. These errors are fatal and should not be ignored.

--- Code: ------------------------------
Warning
---------------------------
Failed to load WormKit module wkWmdb.dll:
LoadLibrary failed: Error 0000007E (???????????????????)

Please check that all files required by the module are present in the W:A directory.
OK   

--- End code ---

When you see such an error, it is NOT a 3.8 compatibility error!

Storm2:

--- Quote from: StepS on July 25, 2020, 10:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: Storm2 on July 24, 2020, 09:04 PM ---I transferred that dll over and both modules are working now, thanks very much :)

--- End quote ---
You should've received an error upon starting the game if madCHook is missing. Modules depending on it will not load otherwise.
Specifically, error 0x0000007E. These errors are fatal and should not be ignored.

--- Code: ------------------------------
Warning
Failed to load WormKit module wkWmdb.dll:
LoadLibrary failed: Error 0000007E (???????????????????)

Please check that all files required by the module are present in the W:A directory.
OK   

--- End code ---

When you see such an error, it is NOT a 3.8 compatibility error!

--- End quote ---

I did receive that error, had no idea those modules relied on that dll. Nice to know for future reference

h3oCharles:
this is unrelated to the mapgen program, it's related to hostingbuddy's integration of mapgen

typing "!mapgen scheme=rr width=2000 height=2000 pathsize=400 starttopleft=1" doesn't give big path sizes, im pretty sure no matter what i try, i get stupidly low path size, way lower than mapgen interface is allowing

i can't warmup my roping because of this :(

EDIT: typing in 4000x4000 dimension spits out an "Error: MapGEN failed (timeout) - try generating a smaller map or using simpler parameters"

Plutonic:
Hmm, it would be worth seeing what mapgen spits out if you pass it the same arguments directly. I don't remember the exact args right now… I should add them too the wiki if not already there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version