Forums > General discussion

WA is on life support

<< < (11/16) > >>

FoxHound:
Skunk 🦨 is on life support. When the skunk press space it stinks, so you better collect a health crate when you see one.

Zalo the moler:

--- Quote from: skunk3 on July 27, 2022, 01:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: Y2JID on November 19, 2021, 07:19 PM ---died after 2004

--- End quote ---
I'd say 2007-ish, but yeah. The 'glory days' of WA were definitely 99-07 IMO. Ever since then there's been little revivals in popularity but they never last too long and weren't as f@#! as back then.

It is now a year after I originally wrote this post and my opinion hasn't changed one bit, and in fact the average user count that I see on WormNET is even less than it was a year ago, and I am going into the game at all times of day, including 'peak' hours. It's basically a ghost town. Kaos/mole/shopper. No-name noobs. Old schoolers nowhere to be found. No chatting in AG going on. In short, I was right then and I'm right now.

--- End quote ---

I WAS there from 2002 to 2007. All I could see was Intermediate and Forts games to which I was joining out of lack of choice. 1-2 people played those schemes regularly and soon I said goodbye to it. I then returned in 2013, seeing some update advertised on Ytube. That was also when Prince (Egypt) introduced me to Worm Olympics, because he needed a teammate. I also realised that my favourite schemes were in those Worm Olympics as well (Plop War, WfW, Aerial, Mine Madness) and that made me fall in love with this game like never before. I then met NouS, Mycy, Mazinger and all the other people who were so down-to-earth, that they were digging corridors underground, just like me.

Skunk, it doesn't hurt to play in clanners or in 2vs2 matches, or else how possibly you could share memorable moments with other people from this game?

skunk3:

--- Quote from: GonZaLO on July 27, 2022, 07:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: skunk3 on July 27, 2022, 01:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: Y2JID on November 19, 2021, 07:19 PM ---died after 2004

--- End quote ---
I'd say 2007-ish, but yeah. The 'glory days' of WA were definitely 99-07 IMO. Ever since then there's been little revivals in popularity but they never last too long and weren't as f@#! as back then.

It is now a year after I originally wrote this post and my opinion hasn't changed one bit, and in fact the average user count that I see on WormNET is even less than it was a year ago, and I am going into the game at all times of day, including 'peak' hours. It's basically a ghost town. Kaos/mole/shopper. No-name noobs. Old schoolers nowhere to be found. No chatting in AG going on. In short, I was right then and I'm right now.

--- End quote ---

I WAS there from 2002 to 2007. All I could see was Intermediate and Forts games to which I was joining out of lack of choice. 1-2 people played those schemes regularly and soon I said goodbye to it. I then returned in 2013, seeing some update advertised on Ytube. That was also when Prince (Egypt) introduced me to Worm Olympics, because he needed a teammate. I also realised that my favourite schemes were in those Worm Olympics as well (Plop War, WfW, Aerial, Mine Madness) and that made me fall in love with this game like never before. I then met NouS, Mycy, Mazinger and all the other people who were so down-to-earth, that they were digging corridors underground, just like me.

Skunk, it doesn't hurt to play in clanners or in 2vs2 matches, or else how possibly you could share memorable moments with other people from this game?

--- End quote ---

Been there, done that. If all you saw in 2002-2007 was fort and intermediate, I have no idea what to say but maybe you had bad luck? Back then there were so many more schemes hosted than that.

Lupastic:
instead of bitching about how dead this game is, we should say a f@#!ing hallelujah that WA is still around and being played in 2022 and will be in 2023 too ;) I've seen a couple of times what time periods you come up to AG and look for a game and that is GMT 6 am- until 10 am usually :) you do know that we, europeans are usually asleep or at work these times, right? that is the "ghost-town" you see from the US at that period. I think you have never seen the peek of players and activity before..? :D

I think you should go back and play Rocket League skunk, and leave WA for the players who actually play it..? ::)

Zalo the moler:

--- Quote ---you do know that we, europeans are usually asleep or at work these times, right? that is the "ghost-town" you see from the US at that period.
--- End quote ---

You actually hit the spot there Lupa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version