Forums > General discussion

Why do you play Worms Armageddon?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Anubis:

--- Quote from: MarianRV on July 04, 2018, 05:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: TheKomodo on July 04, 2018, 02:55 PM ---I really enjoyed Rocket League to but found it far too easy to get good and got bored quickly

--- End quote ---
I beg to disagree
I am in Champ 1 after almost 900 hrs and I still feel like a complete noob. Believe me, there's so many things to learn about this game

To the topic at hand: WA was pretty much the only good multiplayer game I could play on my ancient laptop lol

P.S: It's 4 divisions, Sensei

--- End quote ---

Your signature says Diamond and Platinum though.

Btw, I am with Komo on this one though, playing a lot does not mean you will get good at it, you can have ten times the amount of games and still be worse than someone that is trying to be good. Let's take a look at World of Tanks which I play when there are events.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Qnubis

I only have like 4k games in this game which is approx. 350 hours according to Steam. I have reached the status of Unicum, which is better than 99,9% of the players on the server. Above that rank is only super unicum which is better than 99,99% of players. Which I am not too far off. (It starts around 2900 WN8) Now if you compare this to someone that has played 10 times the amount of games like this guy:

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/jonty_2014

He has played SOOOO many more games than me, yet he is worse because he is a worse gamer over-all. I strongly believe that everyone has a hidden potential in gaming and no matter how much you play you will plateau. In any game I wanted to become good at I have managed to do that at a very high level. I think Csongi has like 1,7k hours in CS:GO and I had like 250 yet I was able to keep up with him mechanically in terms of aiming etc. I just didn't have map knowledge because I rarely play. So for example if you say Peja didn't manage to reach rank xy after z hours. I am not surprised. If Mablak played RL for 1k hours and wasn't at top level I would believe it is hard. 

TheKomodo:
Yeah, Anubis gets it.

Honestly Sensei, I feel like I have an ability you don't.

I can master almost anything I am interested in faster than most people can when I put my mind to it, this is simply because i'm fiercly competitive and ridiculously curious/addicted to things I enjoy, utterly fascinated!

I've played games religiously since I was a toddler, i've spent most of my life playing games and have VERY good understanding of how to adapt to any gaming enviroment/physics engine.

The controls for Rocket League are simple, and also similar to other games i've played, it's not rocket science, it's easy, all it takes is passion and practise, creativity and good reactions.

Also, the fact you even think the way you do, holds you back, you need confidence and self belief, you don't seem to have it, I do.

I can look failure in the face and accept it, learn from it, adapt and improve.

I look at you playing and honestly think you are an average player, you don't take the game anywhere near as serious as I take gaming in general, I have a good sense for finding talent/potential and you lack enough passion/dedication/seriousness to become a great player at the highest level.

I've already lost interest for Rocket League because of my experience, and I don't think I could ever get the interest back because i've already moved onto new games/experiences.

What Anubis said about map knowledge etc, knowing the layout is very crucial to most games as well.

I'm not trying to be cheeky or belittle you, it's just my perspective of things from experience.

sock:
Having fun is the fundamental reason I played for many years, and the reason I still read these forums.

TheWalrus:
Rocket league is simple, I dont know what depth there is.  Drive your car and shoot goals.  I played 15 mins, its cool, but nothing groundbreaking.

Sensei:
Anubis... One thing it is to make a result in something and give up.
But to not achieve anything at all and say: "This is too easy, I'm bored" , is something completely different.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LightWealthyPigYouWHY - this is komo.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabTransparentKimchiRedCoat - this is what you'd call a good rocket league player.

Before sharing that crap "i have abbility, i'm awesome.. all of you are underneath me when it comes to everything i put my hands onto" -  do something to prove it. Otherwise, I'll just be around to burst that bubble you live in.
That goes for every egotripper I stumble upon. Don't take it personally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version