Forums > ZaR

Rope schemes without parachute

(1/8) > >>

Kradie:
Hello. I would like to ask a question. It is about the absence of parachute in rope schemes. It was asked years ago. I thought It could be Interesting to see where people stand on this today.

Do you think that the absence of parachute could Increase the difficulty of rope schemes such as: Shopper, Roper, Big RR, TTRR, and WxW? Or could it be all psychological?

If you don't believe that rope schemes without parachutes makes these modes harder: Would you like to explain why?

That's it for now.

Triad:

--- Quote from: Kradie on February 18, 2024, 09:21 AM ---If you don't believe that rope schemes without parachutes makes these modes harder: Would you like to explain why?

--- End quote ---
For Big RR, no parachute makes it harder, but also parachute+ldet makes it harder in a different way. Allow me to illustrate my point:

* No parachute makes it harder for faster ropers on smaller maps. Let's say I am playing with a better roper. If we both rope till the end without any mistakes, I'd lose since my opponent is faster than me. But if my opponent makes a mistake within, say, 10 seconds in a turn, they lose 30 seconds (since a turn in Big RR is 40 seconds). If the map is not as big, that might be all I need to win.
* No parachute+ldet make it harder for slower ropers on any map. Even if my opponent makes a mistake, they can just get up and continue roping, so if they are faster than me, they can still win easily.

Rocket:
Interesting questions here, Kradie.
My own idea of entire roping has been through some changes during last couple of years. When I only started roping and some years onwards, while forging my skill, I was absolutely happy about parachute in rope schemes. After a big pause of 2012-2020, when I came back to Wormnet and saw ZaR concept, and tried some schemes of it, I generally liked the idea. And from that point in time I had two equally good ideas of roping: with and without parachute.
But some months ago, when I was forced to lower my activity and switched to offline gaming mostly (not to forget what the roping is), I began to treat parachute as something unnecessary. Those who play with me nowadays see that I ignore switching to parachute during the turn. Only while falling down risking to lose a turn. But I would be happy not to have this option if other players wouldn't have it too, so that we'd be equal on our rope runs. Not gonna lie, when playing roper, ttrr, big rr nowadays and seeing my opponent falling and then using parachute to save the run, a tiny voice in my head goes "Ah yes, chute... damn!" in disappointment.
So I'd love to play league rope schemes without parachute, although I know it'll never happen :D

Lupastic:
it doesnt matter. it doesnt add anything too new or extra. for battle themed roping schemes it could be even annoying that you wouldnt be able to knock at all, some schemes that require serious knockings sometimes (and a para to open): shopper, roper, wxw shopper. it would be stupid to play these schemes without a handy, basic, important feature like the parachute. if we'd take para out of these schemes, it wouldn't make them more "difficult" or anything, it would make them sillier, plainer, more boring.
for races, its nothing too extra ordinary either

TheKomodo:
I don't think it's more or less challenging, it's just different.

You focus on different things depending on the scheme settings.

You remember those racing games where you see the players have X out of 5 rating for different skills?

Speed - 4/5
Handling - 3/5
Armor - 2/5

Well for roping it's kinda like:

Speed - 5/5
Consistency - 3/5
Endurance - 4/5

With no parachute, you focus a little more on consistency and endurance and less on speed.

With parachute you can focus a little more on speed, and it's balanced because everyone generally feels the same way.

With rubberworm on you can focus entirely on speed as consistency is kind of on "auto-aim". But it still means you have to rely 100% on skill.

Since the human skill ceiling is impossible to reach TA levels neither is "easier" or "harder", it's just different because what matter is the competition and we are humans vs humans.

If it was Vs AI, then it would be definitively easier or harder based on their capabilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version