Forums
April 26, 2024, 10:31 PM

Author Topic: Standard Scheme Variants (Part 1: Competitive Ground Schemes)  (Read 10478 times)

Re: Standard Scheme Variants (Part 1: Competitive Ground Schemes)
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2017, 05:20 PM »
I just went over the posts at the top again and made some minor text fixes, nothing important. Posting this just in case someone notices the edits and wonders if anything important was added. It wasn't. :P

Offline Free

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2017, 12:45 PM »
My 2 cents.

BnG: 200hp seems okay for 1v1 but 2v2 with 200hp each worm is too much. Around 150'ish on 2v2 games seems more reasonable.
Elite: I would like to add 5 seconds of hot-seat time.
T17: I do encourage everyone to try the "roofless t17" mod with super weapons off as it adds _a lot_ more of tactical variency and reduces draws to almost minimium.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2017, 01:56 PM »
BnG: 200hp seems okay for 1v1 but 2v2 with 200hp each worm is too much. Around 150'ish on 2v2 games seems more reasonable.

Sure why not, although I prefer 200hp I think it would make the experience less painful for those who think 2v2 is too long :) And I guess 2 clans or 4 players who enjoy BnG can still play the 2v2 with 200 hp :)

I like this idea, Elite is awesome for fast paced planning and decision making, and trying to execute those ideas etc, I love the idea of having 5 seconds just to take a breath or have a drink of juice, take a puff of a cig etc before taking your turn, but that's just me lol, not sure other people like the idea of having extra time to think.

Why I like using 15s hot-seat time in Roper so you can plan your moves with hard crates, I got that from Mablak.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 02:00 PM »
^ this
Pretty much every scheme has to have some hotseat time, to show wind direction and power before forcing anyone to begin their turn, and to give a chance to unminimize without losing turn time. It's disappointing noone else has realized this yet.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Peja

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 02:12 PM »
^ this
Pretty much every scheme has to have some hotseat time, to show wind direction and power before forcing anyone to begin their turn, and to give a chance to unminimize without losing turn time. It's disappointing noone else has realized this yet.

You are cute

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2017, 02:19 PM »
^ this
actually id say the opposite, id like to see 1 sec or 0 sec hotseat time for every scheme, i hate waiting

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Hotseat time is interruptable.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 04:35 PM »

Only as long as you're the actual player.

Offline Free

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 04:36 PM »
Yeah elite is all about fast thinking and moving but there are instances that make the game more "fair" for both if 5s of hot-seat is active.

Seeing the wind before making a turn is one and another example would be that, opponent makes an attack involving napalm/barrel destruction and the path you were supposed to just walk and go attack turns into a mess of pixelpoxels so you could really use the 5s thinking time and observe the path/wind. Or if opponent attacks and you bounce around unluckily and need more thinking time which you couldn't have prepared for etc.

5s aint a lot but yeah I think it would make of better games.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 04:42 PM »

Only as long as you're the actual player.

To be quite frank, it's a turn based game, waiting is inevitable, I love Wally, but the dude plays BR, like, one of the longest waiting games ever, and he used to sit for hours on end playing Warmers waiting for other players to finish their turns, I find it funny(and ridiculous) he said he hates waiting lol, but then again I ain't psychic so he must have his reasons.

For me the pros are what has already been said, the con is, I kinda like having to think on your feet, but if I had to choose between the 2, for me it would be add 5s hot-seat time for Elite.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 05:20 PM »
I love Wally, but the dude plays BR, like, one of the longest waiting games ever,

Owned too!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2017, 05:26 PM »
To be quite frank, it's a turn based game, waiting is inevitable, I love Wally, but the dude plays BR, like, one of the longest waiting games ever
BR is 25sec/5sec hotseat, faster than anything but roper and elite

I'm not saying it's the most riveting thing ever, but at least it isnt completely pointless like 30/15 sec hotseat in wxw

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 06:05 PM »
Sorry Walrus, I was being stupid, I mean when you play 1v1v1v1v1v1 BR stuff, you are waiting very long between turns.

I'm easy either way, i'm too open lol.

Offline Senator

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 10:32 PM »
Is this project still alive?