Forums
April 26, 2024, 11:49 AM

Author Topic: Official Kaos league Season 1  (Read 10852 times)

Offline Dream Trance

Official Kaos league Season 1
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Many years ago, somewhere in Italy a scheme was born, a serie of fortunate events brought me in the right time to the right place and I took part in a game witnessing unexplained joy and awesomness of what's being played.

The scheme was imperfected thus needed tweaks and changes. I thought this was a job for me, to create a scheme based on the one I played that will be of an awesome playability and tactical action.

It was not an easy job, but the scheme was finally crafted. A piece of art, an adventure never to be forgotten for the generations to come.

A kaos was born.

I came as a Prometheus giving the kaos to the world, a scheme of a great popularity and playability, known in slightly differing versions, but the roots and idea remained unchanged.

Inspired by its popularity, I became devoted to a constant scheme development as time was passing by, hosting official events years ago as some of those pros still active on the scene may remember.

The stalemate begun for some years, but don't dispare.

I come back again from the darkness, because once again, the perfect hour has come to resurrect the spirit from the ashes of legendary past long forgotten now.

The time has finally come to verify the skills of those kaos veterans and young guns still ready to fight on the battlefield today.

Knowing all this and what is to come I am proud to announce the breathtaking return of a glorious official kaos challenge event series.

Depending on how many of you will be interested in taking part in fights there will be two events possible:

- An official kaos classic league (OKCL) (if less then 16 or 32 players will want to compete) or

- An official kaos world tournament (OKWT) with group stage format and playoffs (if 16 or 32 participants exactly)

If there will be between 17 and 32 players there may be either qualifications for the tournament or still a league with extended number of players (up to you all to decide).

There will be a special professionally balanced scheme prepared just for the use of this official events and announced when the time will come.

I will be fully organising this and hosting all the games for you.

There will be a special point system announced and performance scoring (either mixed together or as a separate scoring system)

The winners will get prizes based on achievements (earned points) calculated after an event ends.

To sign up give your skype (prefferable) or email contact so we can be all in touch when it starts, this will be also helpful in arranging games with me (as I will be hosting all of them).

Winners will have to provide IBAN number in order to transfer the prizes once the event ends.

So all you have to do is decide if you want to participate and ask all questions here, if there will be growing interest - more detailed info will be provided.

Get ready for an awesome kaos adventure!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:01 PM by Dream Trance »

Offline Hurz

Re: UNFORGETTABLE KAOS ADVENTURE!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:27 AM »
great :)

Offline philie

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 07:04 AM »
sounds epic  :D

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 12:46 PM »
im ofc in

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 02:53 PM »
ok, so 1st confirmed participant, speak youw will guys here if you want to take part.

If we will have many players ready before November we can start the event soon.

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 09:58 PM »
Seriously? No interest in kaos competitive challenges nowadays?

Sad, closing this idea soon if no interest.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 11:27 PM »
im in

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 11:42 PM »
I'd like to take part too (but will I remember? D:).

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 09:58 PM »
Than you shall be reminded then, thx for showing more and more interest.

Players already confirmed:

Dream Trance
Impossible
Phillie
Hurz
LeTotalKiller

Offline Alien

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 05:41 PM »
yes sounds good i am in.. more players !

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Good, this is showing interest, we have 6 participants so far, this is getting real and close to being revived then!

As soon as 2 more players will confirm, I'll post some more details concerning suggested format and official resurrected scheme details.

Moar!

Offline Hussar

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 08:50 PM »
am in

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 11:35 PM »
7 players confirmed so far:

DreamTrance
Impossible
Phillie
Hurz
LeTotalKiller
Alien
Berria

We're almost halfway, I wonder if there can be 32 for big tournament with 8 groups :)

Additional scenario for now:

- if there will be LESS THEN 16 PLAYERS confirmed until the end of October we can start with a season 1 of a resurrected kaos classic league (2 matches vs everyone within a season only - match and a rematch). In case of a classic league scenario I'll just have to post specific  unified rules for setting up hosted league games I guess as there will be just too many games to be played and I won't be able to host each and every one of them.

- if there will be EXACTLY 16 PLAYERS I suggest we start in November with a championship tournament format with 4 groups and classic playoff stage with 2 players advancing from each group (A1 vs C2, A2 vs C1 or A1 vs B2, A2 vs B1 etc etc, to be thought of). This format will be fully hosted by me, so I can spare additional game setting infos and to easen things up.

- if there will be BETWEEN 17 and 31 PLAYERS confirmed by the end of October I suggest:

a) a qualifiers for 4 groups championship format with latest confirmed players playing those who confirmed as last ones

OR

b) waiting for 32 players to play an 8 group big championship format (but maybe max until half of November or something like that)

OR

c) starting with an extended classic league format as described in previous scenario.

I'll be providing you with more and more detailed infos concerning scheme etc in the very near future (as more and more people will be confirming participation).

Stay tuned and take care!

Offline Hurz

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 12:47 AM »
is it 100% neccessary that you host each game? i see some meeting date problems upcoming...

Offline Dream Trance

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 01:35 AM »
We'll see how it will be in the end, I think it will make as less trouble as possible this way in fact, less problematic issues etc, but it's not 100% necessary, just a convenient possibility.

For such professional event all games should have exactly same formula, not sure if everyone everytime will remember this (these details concerning game setting to be told in near future), so I'm here to make it even more convenient, unwanted crashing issues will be more clear to determine then too (special penalty point formula balancing crashings with a possibility to repeat crashed game is being prepared).