Forums
May 07, 2024, 10:37 AM

Author Topic: Write leagues system from scratch  (Read 17717 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Write leagues system from scratch
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2011, 11:19 AM »
D :)

Yeah things are going good I guess, some things I have I need to sort out, but those are things I won't even let bother me, apart from that everything going good, been living with Kelly (I guess you could say new GF, at least that you know of) for just over a year now, we are moving house again this April cuz this place is just costing too much and ain't worth the money, so kinda looking forward to where I will move to and what the new house will be like, but NOT looking forward to lifting it all haha, lucky my Uncle got a big Transit, couple trips in that sort it out, and some ppl owe me a favour so i'll get them to help out.

Apart from that just been playing WA, working and drinking, oh and I took up Golf and Pool :)

Talking about moving house reminds me of when I went down to M3ntals not last year but year before, his Brother and his gf were moving house and I practically lifted at least 70% of everything for them haha.

Wow lol, while posting this, and editing, I noticed 2 people applauded me, and then 2 people smited me lol, cool xD

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2011, 01:02 PM »
pm anyone?

Back to the subject.

Mablak said that everyone should be judgedt he same regardless of what point in the season you play them??

What is the varried amount of points in mablaks example compared to HHC's for someone beating random00??

Offline Rok

« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2011, 07:33 PM »
pm anyone?

Back to the subject.

Mablak said that everyone should be judgedt he same regardless of what point in the season you play them??

What is the varried amount of points in mablaks example compared to HHC's for someone beating random00??

Not much different for the guy who beats random00, I guess. Things is, random00 would lose less.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline franz

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Ok I'm starting with HHC's idea. Hold your breaths. If you have still any idea in the way, let me know since we're close to the new seasons.

Sounds good.

"make sure to think about what would you do about the current players stats." everyone's overall rating will carry over to start the new system's season, am I correct?

"Had a bad start? You can reset!" do you like this feature for the new system or does it not matter much? is it worth a discussion? I'm not even sure if it's used much now, so I assume either way is not a big deal. I'm not attached to either decision, was just curious if it might cause any problems anywhere (haven't really thought it out much).

have you thought yet about the best way to show results of games? including changes in season rating/overall rating in some way.. in analyzer/recent games/game page.

HHC's alternate plan of using loser's avg of overall/season for the winner's points isn't being implemented, am I correct? it will just be the original idea?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2011, 01:59 PM »
"Had a bad start? You can reset!" do you like this feature for the new system or does it not matter much? is it worth a discussion? I'm not even sure if it's used much now, so I assume either way is not a big deal. I'm not attached to either decision, was just curious if it might cause any problems anywhere (haven't really thought it out much).

Overall should never be allowed to be reset. It will caculate your games seasonal points. But your seasonal could be reset if you've had a bad start aslong as it does not effect your overall? Those points you lost from your overall won't come back with a reset option?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2011, 12:29 PM »
when will this be ready? I don't fee like tus'ing untill a new season is in place now as late in this season  ;)

Will this be a tough project to code MI?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2011, 07:51 PM »
It will be ready as I promised. New season of classic/TEL. in 2 days :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2011, 05:27 PM »
Bump.

To people still interested in points system - I noticed something, please look at this link:

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-71019/msg68866/?topicseen#new
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz