Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:33 PM

Author Topic: Renew the Challenges  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Ray

Renew the Challenges
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:41 PM »
Hey everyone!

OK, I don't know who ever wondered about this, maybe I speak for other people also and not only for myself. So I think that the Challenge part of the site needs to be given a new system.

1. I would make the system automatic. This means there is always a specific time for one challenge, not depending on what the given moderator sets.
  • There would be no downtimes while looking for a new moderator: the whole Challenges part would have plenty of moderators
  • The list of the Challenges would be way more tidied

2. I would separate the schemes on tabs (like the League standing tables). The deadline for TTRR Challenges would be 1 week, Bungee and SSR should be 2 weeks (or more if they remain inactive). (sorry that the image is Hungarian :P)

3. The tables: I would remove the names for the challenges, you just need the numbering, automatically giving ID for the Challenges. The newest Challenge would always be on top, having a different color, showing that it is the active one. The rest should be separated with a line so the table won't need the Status column. Same with the moderator column (up what I said in 1.)

4. 1 Challenge = 1 Map
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:13 AM by Ray »

Re: Renew the Challenges
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 11:45 PM »
The problem is that setting challenges shouldn't be done at random, methinks. Someone has to pick a map, scheme etcetera.

I've made a puzzle map (get from point A to point B) which I wouldn't mind adding to the challenge list, only the problem is that I want people to find the solution to the puzzle themselves and replays seem to be public.

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 11:49 PM »
Yea well, these Challenges are not like The Challenge Base, this was more of an idea of a TTRR Challenges section, but it grew bigger. The schemes would be on tabs, no need to pick by moderator, and the Maps would be selected by the moderators each week, maybe later on automatically picked from the database.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 03:26 AM »
I've made a puzzle map (get from point A to point B) which I wouldn't mind adding to the challenge list, only the problem is that I want people to find the solution to the puzzle themselves and replays seem to be public.

maybe it would be cool to set an option while hosting a challenge, making the mod the only one able to view replays

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 09:53 AM »
That would be a different part of Challenges I think, but then it would be just a copy of The Challenge Base. Originally, this was meant to be a TTRR Challenge section.

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 06:49 PM »
1. Make the system automatic. This means there is always a specific time for one challenge, not depending on what the given moderator sets.
  • There would be no downtimes while looking for a new moderator: the whole Challenges part would have plenty of moderators
  • The list of the Challenges would be way more tidied

2. I would separate the schemes on tabs (like the League standing tables). The deadline for TTRR Challenges would be 1 week, Bungee and SSR should be 2 weeks (or more if they remain inactive). (sorry that the image is Hungarian :P)

3. The tables: I would remove the names for the challenges, you just need the numbering, automatically giving ID for the Challenges. The newest Challenge would always be on top, having a different color, showing that it is the active one. The rest should be separated with a line so the table won't need the Status column. Same with the moderator column (up what I said in 1.)

4. 1 Challenge = 1 Map