Forums > Cups and Tournaments General

How the Cups function

(1/6) > >>

Ramone:
The way they were function on TuT too...
1. MI u arrange with trusted ppl to be MODs, every scheme should have it's own MOD (or few of them)..
2. MOD announce the rules for the cup he hosts
3. MOD can provide a map pack (if it's needed) so u can gather maps for ur map database thing...
4. MOD opens the sign ups until he gets a number of players (32, 48, 64..)
5. MOD make the groups of 4 players (by subjective method - according to ranks, skills, experience.. MOD can make 4 pots, so in every group theres 4 players from each pot... if any1 knows better method plz suggest it.. )
6. MOD announce the deadline for games to be played
7. Two players from each group goes further, playoffs with 16 players

Who's up for this?
Plz post up your suggestions and opinions, I'm just starting a fire here...   ;)

obscure:
ye i really think some important schemes should have their own mod who made rules of that specific scheme.i totally agree with what u said ramone.

van:
Well, if any1 remembers cups from tut, and that they worked out pretty well I think we should stick to some old things like:
4. 16-32 ppl, depends of a scheme.
5. this one should be totally random, so everyone gets a fair chance

+ maybe coding a registration part and deadline thing+uploading replays for each round (it's like PO's, gj on that MI) would make it a bit more cool :)

Ramone:

--- Quote from: van on January 09, 2009, 04:20 PM ---5. this one should be totally random, so everyone gets a fair chance

--- End quote ---

I was thinking about pots so we could avoid having favorites in the same group..
For example in Intermediate Cup, U don't wanna have Dario, Bytor, Koras and Jigsaw in the same group... That wouldn't be fair imo...

Ramone:
C'mon, I need help here...
If some experienced MOD would say a word or two..? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version