Forums
May 10, 2024, 02:07 AM

Author Topic: The Ultimate Cup  (Read 3062 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: The Ultimate Cup
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 01:14 PM »
Haha, glad you liked it mate :D

Offline Ray

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 12:10 PM »
New invitations and reminders have been sent out! Check this post, it has been edited.

Then i just need 3392 overall point before 15th November... NP i can!!
Voila! You made it mate! 8)

Offline beer

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 12:17 PM »
vn job ray, exelente cup.
unfortunately im not able to play worms now, enjoy guys

drama queen iz back

Offline Ray

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 01:20 PM »
vn job ray, exelente cup.
unfortunately im not able to play worms now, enjoy guys
Thank you! :)

But hey, it's a long cup, even if you don't play regularly, you can join, you won't have to play so many games, I think it's possible even for some of us who are really busy these days, I know how it is. :)

But if really no, then please send it to me in a private message, that is the "official" sign. :P

Offline beer

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 08:58 PM »
if u say so, ill try ::)

drama queen iz back

Offline angus

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 01:05 AM »
New invitations and reminders have been sent out! Check this post, it has been edited.

Then i just need 3392 overall point before 15th November... NP i can!!
Voila! You made it mate! 8)
im rock!  8)

Offline Ray

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 03:12 PM »
3 more spots to fill, 19 invitations pending. Who will be the ones to get in? :)

Offline Maciej

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 04:16 PM »
I don't know why you need at least 50% of winning. I know I haven't got a chance to get in anyway, but I'm close and I couldn't get in the cup just because of my low percent winning which is 49!? I lost near 20 ttrrs against Flori and Dibz time ago. So why couldn't I join instead of some players who are deffinitly worse than me but they are playing lame only against weaker players? This percent winning limit sucks.

Offline Ray

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 04:22 PM »
You win 4 more games and you have it, go play instead of posting here. :P Other than that, the cup might get full by the time you get high enough.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 04:26 PM »
but why don't you answer on my question? Isn't it no sense?
I can't play. I will be able to in Friday in 2 weeks soonest :(

btw there should be wild cards like in tennis for example! XD

Offline Ray

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 04:58 PM »
Someone who plays 5000 games, loses 4800 of it and then wins 200 will get a very high rank. That's why the 50% limit. Wild example, I know, but you get the point.

Offline Ray

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 07:34 PM »
And it officially took off! Good luck everyone!

Offline Ray

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 06:12 PM »
UPDATE!

Since several games have remained after the deadline, I will try and give you some instructions here on how to contact people.

• Don't use the chatbox.
  • Don't use the comments of the Cup.
  • Don't say that you can be found in #AnythingGoes or elsewhere.

The proper way of contacting the opponents are as follows:

• Private Messages: very important and powerful, easily tracable, maintainable as well. Since everyone can find several very specific information about other players in their profiles, you can determine wether or not someone is trying to avoid playing the games with you or not. Avoiding the games - goes without saying - does not go without consequences. I cannot ephasize enough how important Private Messages are. They always arrive.
  • Emails or messenger programs: most people have these information available in their profiles too. Send them emails clearing who you are, what you want, explaining the situation. Also try adding them on MSN, Xfire or whatever you/your opponents use.
  • Be certain: try fixing a time and date. Be specific about it, clear up confusion and be there when you agree.

Offline Ray

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 01:10 AM »
We have reached the Knockout phase of the cup. Each participant is going to receive a Private Message on the site to make sure non of you forget about it.

Good luck! :)