Forums
April 20, 2024, 01:17 PM

Author Topic: Tourney Idea's.  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Unique

Tourney Idea's.
« on: January 06, 2009, 12:29 PM »
First of all I think tourneys shouldn't be hosted that much cause since FTM turned up with those tourneys it made tourneys 'less special' and like you see also those tourneys are not filled up a lot.

I kinda liked the idea that darkmaul and his staff made on the other site with the cups. The system with poules that every time 2 players of the 4 went to the next round. This way you get more participants cause the tourneys are not time-connected.

I guess with just bo1 cause if you make it bo3/bo5 it already makes the tourney/cup to long also this bo1 says something about the consistancy of the player.

You could also add a page with the points people earned of all the cups/tourneys they reached anything, But don't host to many cause then it get not interesting for the more inactive players in this community.
The sign-ups for such an event should be around a week so there's enough time to find out that they have a chance to take part of a tourney/event.

I think I would prefer this kinda system for a league (if they are thinking about hosting tourneys/cups).

Offline Unique

Re: Tourney Idea's.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 12:36 PM »
Another thing I would like to see is one of the events (kinda tourney)
Which was hosted on FB.

There were 4 big groups with different players worldwide (A,B,C,D) (country's)

Every poule had some strong players (anubis,dibz and ... ) I can't remember the other ones 2 years ago. The last country that was alive won the tourney (event)
The kings (named anubis,dibz, .... , ...) could always pick there first pick. The challendges were played as bo3 after a lose they were out of there team. The pions (the guys without a coloured name) had some other rules: If you wanted to challendge an other person from another country then when you were the challendger and your opponent could pick first (cause you are the one that wanna play against him). Once somebody got a challendge (posted on forum) they couldn't avoid him and had to play them so soon as possible. Ofcourse when the opponent doesn't show up for a to long time he's out. This kinda 'event' is also a lot of fun, and make you also work together with people you normally don't play with. I would like to see such event in the future on TUS  :D

How the kings where choosed?

I thought it was like in the past kiros made the poules and the members of the poule could vote which person they saw as the strongest player who made the most chance to defeat most players of the other country's.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:04 PM by Unique »

Offline Rok

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 12:48 PM »
Quote from: www.yourdictionary.com
poule (po̵̅o̅l)
noun
SLANG prostitute

Etymology: Fr, hen: see poultry

Maybe u meant pool:)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Unique

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:05 PM »
Poule is a word in dutch but I already changed the words  ;D

Offline Face

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:47 PM »
FB tourney system FTW. Fredalot for tourney mod!

Offline chakkman

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:07 PM »
First of all I think tourneys shouldn't be hosted that much cause since FTM turned up with those tourneys it made tourneys 'less special' and like you see also those tourneys are not filled up a lot.
Thats because ftm tourneys are nothing special... Its just some random autmatized shit with no soul in it. You can see with the Worms Olympics tourneys that there can be great, fun tourneys that really motivate ppl tto play them.
And yeah, i would really enjoy it if there would be somethg built up like there used to be on The ultimate tourney site with cups and tourneys :) Dont even have to change much. They were great.