Forums
April 29, 2024, 06:46 AM

Author Topic: How the Cups function  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Ramone

Re: How the Cups function
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 03:35 AM »
Yo?
Are you in panic or what?
Are we starting with Cups or not?
 :-X

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 05:31 AM »
I've talked to darkmaul.

You can start manually. I'll convert any data from this forum later. Just be sure anybody is reporting attach their replay on their report post.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rioter

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 08:01 PM »
What about the free and classic merlarky?

Offline chakkman

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 08:45 PM »
is darkmaul gonna admin the cups? :D

Offline Dario

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 03:43 AM »
Cups, nice.
I don't like pure randomness. If it is going to be a cup, with one and only one winner then fine, after all in that case it doesn't matter who reached the final, it only matters who won it.
But if you are going to give "silver" and "bronze" medals then pure randomness sucks because there is a high chance you will get a result like:
gold->pro
silver->newb
bronze->pro

It's simple: knock-out systems just suck at ranking people, skilled players end up knocking out other skilled players in one branch while the other branch is full of %&!#@ players.
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 05:14 AM »
I suggest we should start the Cups, and every MOD should host it in a way he thinks it's the best.. In the meantime we could agree on which system is the best and made it "standard" here on tus...

If I can be free to point my view, I'd say that we could run several Cups at the same time with following MODs:

Dario - Intermediate
Chakkman - Team17
Big Billy - SSR or TTRR?  xD
Darkmaul - smth, a?
Rioter - smth..?
Me - smth...

If someone feel like MOD some Cup, post here or talk with MonkeyIsland.

If U all agree?
Who's up for this?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:16 AM by Ramone »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 06:04 AM »
@riote,
I guess ramone just "labeled" the cups free and classic. Cups must be all together.

@Ramone,
I'm ok with that. But I guess you need to ask for the mods in a new topic. I'll announce it on the home page too. But first make the topic for it.

@chakkman, I'd like that. But you know he is so stupid sacrificing worms for his uni. It must be backward ;)
lol
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Koras

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 11:23 AM »
If I will be in one gorup with Dario,Jigsaw and Johnimir I will kill myslef ;D
just wanna say I wating for soem nice cups :D

Offline Rioter

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 01:52 PM »
Indeede

Offline Ramone

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 02:23 PM »
Okay, new topic for MODs...

@Rioter 
Ye, was easier to poll with divided "Classic and Free" schemes.. Let them be all together.. Let there be Cups.  :P

Offline Ramone

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 11:30 PM »
Cups, nice.
I don't like pure randomness. If it is going to be a cup, with one and only one winner then fine, after all in that case it doesn't matter who reached the final, it only matters who won it.
But if you are going to give "silver" and "bronze" medals then pure randomness sucks because there is a high chance you will get a result like:
gold->pro
silver->newb
bronze->pro

It's simple: knock-out systems just suck at ranking people, skilled players end up knocking out other skilled players in one branch while the other branch is full of %&!#@ players.

So what do u suggest? 4 Pots? I saw it in CWT tourney and seemed ok to me...
I think it should work on intermediate and for some more schemes, but I guess it can't be general rule for Cups, cause u can't use it in Mine Madness or smth... 

So if u MOD this, I think it's in ur rights to do it as u wanna...