Forums
May 14, 2024, 07:59 PM

Author Topic: Advertising Darts & the dS Darts Cup !  (Read 1298 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Advertising Darts & the dS Darts Cup !
« on: April 20, 2013, 07:43 AM »
Ok, something isn't right, we seriously do not understand why people won't sign up for our Darts cup:

The dS Darts Championship Cup ! - https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-572/

This a great scheme worthy of Tournaments/Cups/Singles Leagues/Clanner Leagues...

These are the reasons why:

It's JUST AS COMPETITIVE as the top WA schemes...

It's EASY to learn but HARD to master...

Each game is very fast like TTRR, even faster we think... Each 1v1, including teleporting all 8 worms each, only takes about 5-6 minutes, 7 or 8 minutes if it's a REALLY REALLY big map and people are being slow...

It has less scheme flaws than almost all schemes possible on WA (you can't abuse the scheme to get advantage, only practise can make you better, you can't cheat without being obvious and getting caught). I have never actually ever seen a scheme with less "scheme flaws" than this.

The ONLY thing that could be improved on is the fact it takes 2-3 minutes to teleport all the worms at the beginning, I think with WA 4.0 there will be autoplacement, and this will make things even faster !

We think this scheme should at the very least be in the Free League for TuS.

+ We are open to suggestions to improve it, if they are good enough of course !

There are only a few reasons we can think of why people don't give this scheme a chance:

1. They really don't want to even try and learn a new scheme.

2. The rules vary slightly with alot of maps, and people can't understand them, or don't want to understand them.

3. Peja says "it's just the same thing over and over" - But I told him, BnG/TTRR/Roper/Bungee Race are all equally as "repetitive" but they all have masses of followers, so why doesn't Darts?

4. Is it because the guy trying to advertise this scheme is me, Komito, the person some people love to hate?

dS hosts more Darts Tournaments/Tours/General events to compete than almost any other scheme, if more people played, we would do Challenges every week as well, and we would have a cup 4/6 Times a years !

People who get involved in this scheme and give it a chance will NOT be dissapointed, we keep making new maps, we keep hosting things to keep people entertained and have fun, we will work VERY HARD to make you enjoy this scheme !!!

There will be prizes(Trophies or Custom made T-Shirts, or something else), I haven't advertised this yet because I haven't decided yet as I am on a budget these days, would that interest anyone?

Again, here is the link for the Darts Cup if anyone is interested ! The dS Darts Championship Cup ! - https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-572/

Offline SPW

Re: Advertising Darts & the dS Darts Cup !
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:05 AM »
alright komo, here my opinion.

I did play darts some time. We also played it clan intern. I remember many games with codex, Random, darkz.. it was funny but... after some time it loses spirit. I understand peja when hes saying "its always the same". Sure at ttrr etc it is kind of repitive too, but way different. Also you cant compare apples with melons.

You say "its easy to learn but hard to master". Im with you with the first one but I dont think its a real master scheme. Until you are at a very high level it contains a lot of luck, depending on maps. I remember your first map komo. Sometimes your worm just wont stick on the board cause one pixel to high. That has nothing to do with mastering a game. A lot of maps are based like that.

Darts is a very simple scheme for having fun. But its nothing magic inside. Its a perfect scheme for Olympics and simple enjoy it in a small community in between.

Anyway, its my sign of view. Wish you a nice tourney and a lot of fun.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 10:14 AM »
Thanks for your input SPW !

You are spot on with the 1st Darts map, it's a pain in butt lol ! However, we have over 20 different maps now, and working on many more !

Please trust me when I say this, it doesn't contain really any luck on most of the maps, there are only 4 maps I know with this luck you mention:

SiDs "Classic" - Because of rebound into water happens sometimes.

SPWs "Blue Man" - Because rules say if you land on spike, score doesn't count.

Komito's "Blue Man Remix" - Because rules say if you land on spike, score doesn't count.

Komito's "Classic Remix" - Because if you land in grey area, score doesn't count.

However in all these maps, with practise, it still takes mostly skill to win, and based on all the other maps we have this scheme is really mostly skill.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could even ask your in-clan members to participate and try this Cup, would that be possible?

Edit: SPW, I wanna say this and hope you don't take it the wrong way, I absolutely love Elite because it's such a highly respected scheme, and I do REALLY enjoy 2v2, I just don't like 1v1 so much because I don't have the time to get as good as you guys. But in my opinion, Elite has more luck involved in it than Darts, in the sense, more "mad/weird" things will happen in Elite games than Darts, I am not saying it's full of luck lol, but even in Darts with the odd "bl" in the maps where spikes don't count, and Classic rebound, the better player should still definitely win because those "things" can happen to all players playing those maps.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Also, I was thinking of proposing a change to some rules:

Generally on most maps with "spikes" we count the score whichever side the worms body(not including tail) is closest to, we could easily make all maps with spikes the same.

And to solve the problem with Classic maps, 1 point could be 1.5 points, and landing in grey area/water would be 1 point. Problems solved.

Offline Casso

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 10:49 AM »
I had the opportunity to play some darts games, for example in Worm Olympics. I think that it is a very funny scheme which takes little time to learn. I can agree with SPW when he says that after a bit of time some people may lose the spirit of play because it isn't a very tactical scheme and it's limited to just 2 weapons , however I believe that, like almost all the schemes, it's pretty hard to master. It isn't just my opinion, would be enough to look at dS Tour's statistic, Komo couldn't  win all those times in a row if he wasn't a skilled player.

Luck factor can be relevant but it's related mainly to the use of maps so it's easily fixable. Last Komo's idea sound good too to reduce this factor.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 12:14 PM »
Also, "Wings of Beauty" has rebounds also, but can be fixed in the same way I mentioned in a previous post !

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43 PM »
*bump* - This needs to be seen by more people.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 02:34 PM »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 07:08 PM »