Forums
May 06, 2024, 08:44 PM

Author Topic: Basic Organization  (Read 399 times)

Offline Dream Trance

Basic Organization
« on: August 25, 2018, 04:52 PM »
INTRODUCTION
------------

Welcome to Season 1 of the official kaos PX league.

This event wouldn't be possible without your interest. Thank you all for that.

It's really cool to be able to organize it again after some years as well as take part in this challenge.

Please understand that the PX offers so much more compared to the classic edition and the official events move to this field.

See this update as another kaosmod6 let's say, we really kept the original spirit, there are no other physics modification to what you known except of the new stuff obviously.

Everything oldschool players used to know remains almost the same as it used to be, the overall scheme is just taken to another level of enhancement.

Each modification of regulations we implemented will be highlighted in yellow for easier overview.

Season 1 will begin on Saturday 1st September (0:00 GMT time). The regular phase of season is scheduled to end until 20th December. All matches have to be completed before or on that date. Playoff stage will take place once regular phase concludes. More details below.

HOSTING
-------

All matches will be hosted by the approved hosts only. No matches within this league can be hosted by anyone else. This is to assure that everyone gets exactly same format and fair conditions and also that each match is spectated.

The hosts are:

- DreamTrance - the event director, host of every match except his own.

- Kayz (host of main host's own matches only)

Arranging games on your own will make it a lot more convenient, then just contact me via skype, discord or whatever media you frequently use (provided before the event begins).

Pre-arranged matches that will have specific date and time agreed will have the priority before any other spontaneously arranged matches. Such valid arrangement is discussed with me or published in suitable Kf section for me to approve.

Realize that there can be one match played at a time so be patient until previous match ends if traffic occurs.

ARRANGING GAMES
---------------

The majority of the text below is mostly only for your information so you can see whether the rules are obeyed by the hosts or not. You can always refer to these rules if you see that something is being ommited.

You will not be asked to play more than 1 game per 3-4 days, unless you really want to, but if you don't play any games for more days in a row, it may affect global activity.

Please understand that every single game may matter for certain players, so try to be active to complete reasonable amount of matches within deadline.

If any player will be falling back with activity, they will be contacted by the hosts to arrange games via: wormnet, TUS pm or sometimes the contact emails / skype some of you provided. This is to encourage many players and not only the hermetic group to play matches.

EVENT FORMAT
------------

I want it to be a fair and pleasant challenge, everyone will get same conditions and all matches will be as comparable as possible.

All matches will be hosted by me to assure that everything is comparable and balanced (except of my own matches that will be hosted by Kayz to guarantee possible disconnection source).

You will get basic and performance points for played matches (explained in separate points section).

All games will have same, comparable setup / format (map types, map order etc - see game setup section below).

VALID SCHEME SETTINGS
---------------------

The official scheme that will be used in the league is the official kaos px that was developed long enough, tested in hundred of hours of gameplay and approved as being free of major bugs thus stable for official event needs (specified in detail in suitable Kf sections).

The matches will be played with 8 worms.

Matches in regular phase of the season will be played at 3 victories.

GAME SETUP FORMAT
-----------------

These rules will be respected by the hosts to make all games comparable and fair-played:

General rule
------------

Biggest classic maps will be used only (no user-made special maps, no user-made big maps etc.) with as much complicated terrain as possible.

Main map-settings
-----------------

There will be no modifications to the maps and object settings, although:

Map complexity will be always set to 10 (maximum) in map-menu right-click section to provide as much tactical hideouts as possible as well as the most obstacles.

Map-bridges amount will be set to 1 (minimum), so there are no bridges that provide too easy transportation, easier kills / pilings and crate platforms.

Map type order pattern
----------------------

Following map order pattern will be used everytime:

Round 1: ISLAND

Round 2: ISLAND

Round 3: CAVE

Round 4: CAVE (if still no winner)

Round 5: ISLAND (if still no winner)

Round 6: ISLAND (if any draw occurs in previous rounds and still no winner)

Round 7: CAVE (if more than 1 draw occurs in previous rounds and still no winner)

General pattern: (I-I-C-C)-(I-I-C-C)-(...) (looping until there is a winner)

Draws also follow the pattern - example: if there is a draw in round 4 (cave map), the next map will be island.

Island maps cannot consist of 2 separate islands, but be a solid one terrain.

Cave maps must be FULLY CLOSED (sides and bottom) so there is no access to any edge in the beginning of a round.

Maps will be always picked from types that are located in the very left window of both island and cave types in map-menu.

Map landscape-theme policy
--------------------------

The landscape theme of the maps will be randomly drawn from available 29 terrains and will not repeat within each match to allow the skills to be tested on various theme specifics.

Each player will have their own "themes history" created and respected, so everyone will eventually play on every single terrain throughout whole season.

Grass-surface themes (-Farm, Jungle, Medieval, Sports, Tribal) may appear not more than once per every cycle of 4 rounds. However, if the score is 2-2 the following round will always be grass-themed.

RANKING CRITERIA
----------------

The criteria used to determine final standings of the league will be as follows:

1. Greater number of victories overall.

2. Won / Lost rounds ratio.

3. Overall points earned in all played matches (see attachment section on how to get them).

4. Aggregate of rounds between tied players.

5. Last head-to-head result.

PLAYOFF REGULATIONS
-------------------

Once all regular matches of the season are played or the deadline of 20th December 2018 is reached the two-legged play-off stage will begin.

Top 4 players from the standings will qualify for that stage and will be paired according to the pairing system (shown below).

The playoffs as well as finals will be played between 21st and 31st of December 2018.

These play-off matches will be played at 5 victories:

Playoff 1 (1st vs 4th) (match and a rematch)
Playoff 2 (2nd vs 3rd) (match and a rematch)

The aggregate score winners of these matches will advance to the final match while losers will play 3rd place match.

In case of an aggregate draw, the performance points amount from both playoffs will decide, if still tied than the regular season performance points will decide, last criteria will be result of the last head-to-head match from regular season.

The final as well as 3rd place matches will both be played at 10 victories.

Top 3 players will win a prize: champion, runner up and 3rd place match winner.

The amount of money prize (Euros) according to what was announced will be fixed base altered by multiplier calculated from performance points difference between best players, but only paid in full if ALL PLAY-OFF MATCHES (including final of course) ARE PLAYED until the final deadline that is 31st December.

DROPPING ISSUES PROCEDURE AND TIPS
----------------------------------

First of all be very careful with accidental Surrender usages. It will always be counted as lost round without any excuse possible.

Disconnection issues policy is explained in separate section, I will refer to that while making a decision about post-disconnection resume procedure.

Minimising of the game may increase the chance of an unwanted disconnection (this also include minimising between rounds). Do it on your own risk. Any disconnections that may occur will follow same resume procedure.

Following rounds need to be continued instantly whenever possible, any longer waiting time between rounds is not recommended. Each disconnection caused by that will penalize the player who decides on such interruption.

FINAL ORGANISATIONAL STATEMENTS
-------------------------------

Current standings will be updated in suitable TUS section located within official Kf forums (once a game will be played).

In every exceptional case you can solve your problem or ask for complete information in suitable TUS section located within official Kf forums.

These rules above won't change within the season however anything that wasn't specified will be analysed individually as some specific, exceptional cases may occur.

While solving issues I will always have the fair-play spirit in mind, so noone will be treated unfair here because all players should have exactly same chances in this official competition.

--------
HAVE FUN
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:02 PM by Dream Trance »