Forums
May 28, 2024, 12:23 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] #85785 Bng mm vs cfc  (Read 1748 times)

Re: #85785 Bng mm vs cfc
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 06:43 PM »
1. If you thought our hides were darkside, you should have called them out earlier.  You didn't say anything about them until your team cowed. That's ridiculous.  Plus, our hides were not darkside hides in definition of the TUS rules.  You, on the other hand, stayed in a hide where you could neither throw a nade nor get hit.  You darksided if anyone, sorry.

2. "yet he refused to do this because he knows how important his hide was."  This statement is backed by NOTHING.  He didn't try to hit himself because he had a roof over his head and your idea of "4s max bounce" wouldn't have worked... 22 such an odd number to hit yourself with a grenade, more logical to just skip a turn a pretend he hit himself and then call him dead at 22.  Don't say "he knew it would f@#! up his hide", your 'assumptions', no matter how god like you think they are, can't be used as a defense here.

3. Avi's sitter was definitely fluke.  According to the rules, a sitter is 1/4 a second, and according to avi, his was .26 of a second, .02 away from being valid.  Whether or not it destroyed your last hide has nothing to do with how serious a penalty avi should take.  He could have shot a sitter in that same spot and you weren't there and killed your "last hide", so what?  Just because you happened to be close enough to take 22 dmg doesn't mean avi should do some thing strange, like trying to force him to hit himself for 22 when he is in a cavern like hide.  Actually, I just looked at the replay, and it could have very well been a .24 sitter, making it not a sitter... Mods will have to look at that.  If it was a .24 nade, then we never cowed and you guys did.

4. Teleporting to the middle is not in the rules, sorry, can't find it anywhere.  You guys tele'd far back so we moved in closer, no rules against that.  at minute 36, Oldsock teleports way too close to avi and cfc refuses to do anything about it except to continue to roll nades at avi.  

5.  In conclusion:
-  if you thought we darksided, you certainly never called for it.  Calling it after the fact as justification for not taking penalty for a cow is ridiculous.  Our hides were perfectly valid according to the rules, plus, you had a darkside hide for a few turns, bringing up darksiding is pointless right now.

- Our nade might have been a .24, mods will have to look.  We skipped and offered to kill avi off when he reached 22 or below.  If our nade was .24, we never cowed and OMG DESTROYED YOUR LAST TACTICAL HIDE, even though that latter part means nothing in this debate about the rules.

- Oldsock cowed, we told you guys the entire game after it happened to take penalty, and you didn't, and we could argue that you won because of it.  Imo, game shouldn't be void, mm should get the win.  They won because of a cow they didn't take responsibility for.  We had a real chance of winning until that cos he kept rolling nades, on Komo's command btw, and then tele'd closer to me when they killed avi and then killed me, something they wouldn't have been able to do if Oldsock didn't cow and tele so close.  I know the rules say game ending by foul means a void, but this is an instance where we had a real chance at winning and then cfc cows and refuses to take a penalty even though we shouted at them the entire time to do so.  I feel like this instance is worse than accidentally cowing to end a turn; they knew they broke the rule and they refused to pay for it.  That's intentional, mm should get the win IMO.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 06:49 PM »

ShyGuy's place:
Quote from: scheme rules
- Darksiding is not allowed. A darkside is considered a place where you can't hit OR be hit with a nade. Simply teleport/move to another position.

ShyGuy clearly couldn't hit you with a grenade. So that's #3

The wording of that rule should be changed to "a place where you can't hit AND be hit with a grenade", because obviously I could be hit with a grenade at my hide if it was created by a nade explosion.  I didn't know darkside rule had to meet those two criteria, and in my defense, the wording of that rule supports my argument.  But anyway, it is ridiculous how cfc can get away with not saying anything to us about darksiding or teleporting, but then they CLEARLY cow and justify it AFTER the game by saying we cowed too... that's f@#!ed up tbh

Offline SPW

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Jeez, Shy. Just agree and say sorry...

It was so ovbious, D1 is 100% right in his review.

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 06:57 PM »
it's not obvious at all.  cfc cows intentionally and refuses to take penalty and then justifies it by calling our hides darksides when they never said anything all game about it, plus my hide by definition isn't a darkside... that's not obvious, that's komo grasping at straws.  If they thought our hides and teleports were cows, they should have said so instead of waiting till after they break the rules to WIN THE GAME. ridiculous

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 06:57 PM »
I didn't say anything about your hides because TuS rules allow it, and I am so fed up arguin with avi I just wanted to play and try to enjoy it, and we were until os teleported and then you got nasty, I didn't teleport straight away because avi didn't take the penalty therefor as soon as I moved I would get hit probably I had to think of somewhere to move, which turned out to be simpler than it looked.

You might not recognise how important it is but:

Rules:
- Sitters are not allowed. (Sitters are grenades that sit for 1/4 second or longer). The penalty for a sitter is a Grenade or Bazooka to and from yourself in an attempt to cause the same damage you previously inflicted.

THAT is copied and pasted from the rules.

avirex didn't take the proper penalty, no matter what his reason was.

Teleporting to the middle isn't in the TuS rules, you are right, os didn't take the penalty but really, what can we do when you are hiding on OUR half of the map? TuS really should put a rule that you cannot invade your opponents half of the map, you should HAVE to stay on your side on the map to prevent this happening again, but you are right, but on the other hand the entire distance rule says this:

- Piling is not allowed. The distance between yours and opponents worms must not be less than:
*if 1vs1 - 1/2 (half) of a map width  -if 2vs2 - 1/3 (third) of a map width
*if 3vs3 - 1/4 (quarter) of a map widthTeleport/move to another position.

There is no punishment for breaking this rule, so how can we take a punishment, we only "broke" one rule, and according to the rules:

- 3 Fouls means a lose by default.- Game ending by a foul is completely void. Game must be replayed.

^^ We only done 1 "Foul" and didn't end a game by a foul, I killed ShyGuy.

The fact we were all throwing really really "lame" grenades has nothing to do with the problems we had with the rules.

I definately won't clan avirex again, because the problem is with him, not with you ShyGuy, you played imo fair the entire game, hiding at the edge and doing nothing but zook is lame, but fair.

Thank you for posting a proper post Shy.

And I could be hit with a grenade by Avirex actually, and LG zook, even if for very little health, and very very very lucky.

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Fine, i'll just never play bng tus again, because forcing someone to try to hit themselves for 22 dmg with a nade in a caverned hide because of a very very fluke sitter that just missed by .02 instead of saying they will skip a turn and  surrender at 22 dmg or below is just plain out retarded and illogical. sorry. Fix the bng rules to actually make sense. gg cfc

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Thank you for posting the times, avi :)

The grenade you mentioned sat for 0.26 seconds.
(Sitters are grenades that sit for 1/4 second or longer).
Close call, but it's a sitter.

I took a look at your teleport.
The map is 1920 pixels wide.
avirex teleported 547 pixels away from oldsock, which is 28.5% of the map.
- Piling is not allowed. The distance between yours and opponents worms must not be less than:
  • if 1vs1 - 1/2 (half) of a map width
  • if 2vs2 - 1/3 (third) of a map width
  • if 3vs3 - 1/4 (quarter) of a map widthTeleport/move to another position.

So your teleport was too close to them, avirex.

ShyGuy's place:
- Darksiding is not allowed. A darkside is considered a place where you can't hit OR be hit with a nade. Simply teleport/move to another position.

ShyGuy clearly couldn't hit you with a grenade. So that's #3

3 Fouls means a lose by default.

Sorry, but that makes a win for cFc.

But of course, TuS rules for BnG are not clear enough, doesn't matter anyway cuz DarkOne is too lazy to actually check indepth the games anyway.

You have no right to even be a MOD with this clouded vision.

and the MODs don't have a f@#!ing clue either.

Oh, sorry, my mistake.
I guess you'll have to wait for someone competent to make a decision, guys!

No, sorry, my mistake, I should have been more patient, I really am sorry, I feel like a bit of a c@#! for saying you are lazy cuz I honestly know as a person you are far from that.

Thank you for taking the time to check our game and putting up with our arguement (me and avi).

Could I please have your opinion on avi not trying to hit himself? I honestly believe that one sitter and the fact it ruined my hide and he didn't take penalty and kept his hide perfect really altered the outcome of the game, I would like your advice incase a future situation like this arises.

Offline sock

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 07:04 PM »
it's not obvious at all.  cfc cows intentionally and refuses to take penalty and then justifies it by calling our hides darksides when they never said anything all game about it, plus my hide by definition isn't a darkside... that's not obvious, that's komo grasping at straws.  If they thought our hides and teleports were cows, they should have said so instead of waiting till after they break the rules to WIN THE GAME. ridiculous

http://www.scottberkun.com/essays/40-why-smart-people-defend-bad-ideas/

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Fine, i'll just never play bng tus again, because forcing someone to try to hit themselves for 22 dmg with a nade in a caverned hide because of a very very fluke sitter that just missed by .02 instead of saying they will skip a turn and  surrender at 22 dmg or below is just plain out retarded and illogical. sorry. Fix the bng rules to actually make sense. gg cfc

avirex could aim straight up, there was no land directly above him, only up+right slightly.

The reason I personally LOVE this rule, is because if someone does a sitter at a crucial part of the game, this example (our game) is perfect, that was our last tactical safe hide, when avi done a sitter and caused this to happen I had nowhere to hide where I have a good angle to hit you, and he still had a nice hide, so because his rulebreaking caused disadvantage to us, he should take the same punishment.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 07:27 PM »
shyguy is one of those guys is he not
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 07:31 PM »

http://www.scottberkun.com/essays/40-why-smart-people-defend-bad-ideas/

watch it, sock, I know a kid with a 159 IQ!

Offline sock

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 07:33 PM »
shyguy is one of those guys is he not

:-*

Offline K1NG

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 09:07 PM »

The wording of that rule should be changed to "a place where you can't hit AND be hit with a grenade"

I totally agree with Shyguy in this... I'm not involved on this but i just agree with his comment...

Some people DON'T KNOW what a darkside is... and when you tell them "you are darksiding" their answer is always "This is not darkside, you can hit me with a bouncing (lame) nade"

And this works in order to complain in most of BnG games... I think that rule should be changed to   
AND   and not   OR     as he said, because yeah, just think about it... you can hit everyone with a nade wherever he is, for example Shyguy's darkside could be done with a 5 Lg Nade... and he couldn't even hit with a 9 second nade LOL

Offline Peja

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 09:15 PM »
but what is unfair when you can be hit with a nade from your opponent, while you can NOT attack him?

this sounds not like an advantage.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 09:38 PM »
Without having looked at the replay, I'm confident that D1's analysis is right, just let cfc have it. I really wonder why BnG rules are so messed up though, sitters should simply be something like 2 frames of a nade not moving, so that people don't get anywhere close to throwing them.