Forums
May 14, 2024, 05:47 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] TEL #49944  (Read 473 times)

Offline Husk

[SOLVED] TEL #49944
« on: December 31, 2010, 08:05 AM »
my kb stopped responding at the moment sd began, and only worked without arrow keys until very end. if my arrow keys worked I'd shotgun gg'd. at the very end of my turn my arrow keys responded. i suggested draw as of course woulda shotgun if arrow keys worked. all said, ggs Dave.

Offline TheKomodo

Re: TEL #49944
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 08:08 AM »
I quote from reply I made to the game:

"Ok, with this game, Husk said as soon as SD started, his KB wasn't working, so he couldn't do what he wanted to do in SD, now with the situation, I said this to him, I had Homing/Airstrike/Napalm left, he had Airstrike/Napalm, he couldn't use his against me because of my hide and doubt he would want to risk wasting it, after I hit him with a grenade down, it looked like he wanted to waste a turn of water rising, so I couldn't repeat my grenade, and he couldn't hide near to where he was or I could use my SD weapons.

At the very end of the game, he teleported to me, now I thought, I could sheep and draw, or try and Bow to win with some luck, I failed the bow, i'm a risk taker lol, now he tried to torch me and failed, then he quit before I could kill him, without a doubt, after his fail the game was 99.99% mine.

After the game we had a chat, he told me his KB wasn't working and he couldn't do anything, I told him, if this is the case why did you tele to me and try and torch? He told me he wanted to SG me, if he knew what F keys were working and what weren't he wouldn't take this risk, and if what he says is true, the fact he said in the last game he had troubles with KB but said everything was fine before the 2nd game we played that was his gamble, to me it looked like he wanted to take the gamble and try and kill me with torch, and failed, and quit in frustration, while I understand his frustration it was his choice to take the gamble, I already told him, as soon as his keys weren't working, if true, he should quit and explain to me in AG or something and I would understand and wouldn't report we could RM another day, but to me the fact he took the risk/gamble to try and win with torch, is like anyone else taking a risk with anything, and failing, it looked like he tried to win with his pile hoping for at least a draw.

With no disrespect Husk, I feel like it's your own fault, so I am in my rights to report, I hope we can play games soon without this "my KB sucks" business, ggs."

As I said before, it is your fault for choosing to play knowing your KB could screw up and there was no agreement before the games that if it happened and you lost I would not report, if your torch worked, you would not complain, if I used sheep and draw, you would not have complained, I feel a little insulted that you make this complaint after your own actions at this point in the game taking into consideration you thought you could win the game with torch.

There is nothing in the rules that states a player is not allowed to report if the opponent has technical difficulties, if it's even true, which I see no reason for you to lie about this, but it's still your fault for continuing the game thinking you could win with blowtorch.

I look forward to playing you once you fix your "problems" :P

And all the best for the new year mate :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 07:18 PM »
komo i know u absolutely hate adsmiting ur wrong.. but come on man... dont be lame, u dont deserve the win... there was even one point in the game chat where u said "there is no way i can win this" or somthing along those lines..

stop being lame.

Offline Rok

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Would be nice if you guys could rematch it. This sure isn't the most satisfying way of winning a match, right, Komo?
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Komo has the right to report the games. Opponent hardware issue is surely his problem. Komo can ask to void the game, but as I said hardware problem is not our concern. I don't have problem with Husk or anyone, but these problems are purely up to the winner who choose to take the win or not.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.