Forums
May 10, 2024, 01:36 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Quit a Match while in trouble  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Desetroyah

[SOLVED] Quit a Match while in trouble
« on: November 28, 2011, 02:57 AM »
Look, I know this is pretty early in the game but please tell me if this is right...

I was telling him how he should be changing maps for tus and not use only one and then he got in trouble and quit saying "ok rh" thinkin I said "ok" to change the map haha...really, a piss-easy map to rope, 2turn advantage and a worm in a position to basically die by any explosion by fire. I dont like free wins but I dont want to let him get away with quitting a match he knew he didnt fair well..

Please mods, let me know if you'd accept this report, dont wanna have you deleting for no reason.

thanks

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:02 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline Peja

Re: Quit a Match while in trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 03:28 AM »
this guy either got an iq below 80 or is unable to  understand what you are talking. i highly guess its the second option ;)
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:30 AM »
this guy either got an iq below 80 or is unable to  understand what you are talking. i highly guess its the second option ;)

I know but what pisses me off is that he wouldnt quit if I was screwed as he was in that situation ===>he deserves to lose this game

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28 PM »
...I dont want to let him get away with quitting a match he knew he didnt fair well..

Neither do we :) You quit = you forfeit. There are only 2 exceptions: wrong scheme is hosted and you/your opponent finds out during the game or auto-light was used by the host.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 07:05 PM »
...I dont want to let him get away with quitting a match he knew he didnt fair well..

Neither do we :) You quit = you forfeit. There are only 2 exceptions: wrong scheme is hosted and you/your opponent finds out during the game or auto-light was used by the host.

so should I report Dark or should we wait for other mods' opinions too?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:35 PM by Desetroyah »

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:30 PM »

You can report, son :)

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 08:35 PM »

wrong dark...ness

Offline darKz

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 08:44 PM »

wrong dark...ness

Imo the guy misunderstood you (typical case of language barrier) and thought you were asking for him to put a different map. The game only just started, you can catch up really well in Shopper if you're one worm behind, I would say replay the match.

Though I'm the wrong dark as well. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 08:47 PM »

wrong dark...ness

Imo the guy misunderstood you (typical case of language barrier) and thought you were asking for him to put a different map. The game only just started, you can catch up really well in Shopper if you're one worm behind, I would say replay the match.

Though I'm the wrong dark as well. :P

I know how it looks Dark (wrong dark :P) but this is whats bothering me:

he would never quit if I was in his position sooooo he deserves to lose, its a very selective language barrier if you get my point ;)

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 11:49 PM »
Apologies for the late response, having some start up problems after FFie's visit :)
I don't think any mod would begrudge you the win if you reported it, Dese. He could've waited for you to answer his question about a rehost. But he didn't.
So many complaints could be solved without us having to do anything if people would just talk and try to solve it on their own. It's not a big deal, people do it all the time.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 08:29 AM »
As reporting that game is OK to me but personally I don't like such wins and I know you don't either but sometimes we find it unfair and don't want the player to escape what's coming to him.

Although you can report a free win in this case, your other option would be replaying that game with handicaps.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline BaNcA

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 12:28 PM »
REPORT ALL, ALL XD !
BaNcA

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 01:54 PM »
REPORT ALL, ALL XD !

So now you remember which game?

I asked you to rm with handicap, not to report.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 04:37 AM »
You're not gonna get an answer from him other than that, Desetroyah. You have the mods opinion and his words. The rest is up to you :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.