Forums
May 18, 2024, 06:32 PM

Author Topic: Clanner point system.  (Read 6160 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Clanner point system.
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 07:56 AM »
Ok 1st off i'll start with chakk, I did say I don't care when some clans pick, because they actually pick the scheme against other clans for fun and not points.

Also this bothers me:

so the system as it is punishes it with a high bng rating which is exactly what it should do.

Because SPW/Random00/franz and ALOT of other players have been complaining about the EXACT same damn thing, and I don't see anyone complain when they do it, the only difference is they complain about TEL and Overall, and I complain about the BnG in TuS Classic, but it is the exact same problem, so why is it a bad thing when I complain, but not when they complain about their ratings? Sorry but that is an unfair biased opinion.

SPW:

You always talking about "bng is just for fun and I dont play for points", but in the end, thats just a damn lie.

Yeah, because me constantly picking BnG even though we can only win 5-12 points for practically every clan means I care about points lol, funny how you fail to notice that.

And, I pick BnG because it's obviously my favourite scheme and more or less anyone that knows me knows I don't even like to play ANY other scheme more than 2-3 times a month lol, BUT because I HAVE made alot of points for cFc in BnG it IS frustrating when other clans ONLY pick BnG when I am not there, this is a different form of "noob-bashing" and I happen to recall almost everyone in this thread complain about people who noob bash, which I find ridiculously funny and hypocritical considering quite a few people in this thread are actually guilty of doing this very thing, that they say they don't like to see.

Like I said, you complain about TEL system, I am complaining about the Clanner system, why is it ok for you guys to whine and moan about the system because you lose ALOT of points yet I am not allowed to do the same thing with BnG?

Random, I pick BnG always for 1 reason and 1 reason only, I <3 BnG and it's all I want to do on WA, and playing BnG with other cFc members is just the best fun I can have.

So in conclusion, I accept the fact some clans don't want to BnG against me, and they do BnG cFc when I am not there, like I said it keeps me entertained trying to win the points back however I will keep moaning about clans picking BnG when I am not there to defend cFc's points, because you all moan about TEL system and Classic system.

Offline Krezo

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 10:31 AM »
Is this all post because of this?

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-52919/
No signature.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 11:09 AM »
I don't agree for this idea... If you wanna play like this start to play single league 2v2
Those are clanner games, if you wanna get good clan, get allrounders into...
I guess about this idea care only default players who can't rope... get better skill at rope then instead of complaining
for more, there would be situacions like the clan picks up 2 worse players to don't lose much points, it would pervert a lot of games
This is way for single league, and clan is like a great family, you can't separate your mates because they are worse in some schemes. I could write even more but my english sucks...

JUST NO >:(
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:12 AM by Maciej »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Is this all post because of this?

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-52919/

No, I said earlier in this thread, when TaG picks BnG against cFc and if they win, it's ok, because they pick BnG against other clans also.

Maciej, if you are suggesting I am a default player, I am not, I am an all-rounder now, I can rope VERY good when I can be bothered, but lol, BnG, need I say more lol?

Oh, and, I WILL be competing in TRL when it starts :)

Offline Maciej

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 12:13 PM »
oh well, maybe I should use there word 'mostly' instead of 'only', I know you are good roper, not that long ago you were better in rr than me ;D
still I don't agree with this idea... clan is clan, and it should mobilize ppl to get better in all league schemes ;) for example I suck in roper or in elite but I still never avoid playing it if anyone wishes to pikck it ;)
and come on, it's really boring to play only one scheme

Offline Random00

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 12:29 PM »
Because SPW/Random00/franz and ALOT of other players have been complaining about the EXACT same damn thing, and I don't see anyone complain when they do it, the only difference is they complain about TEL and Overall, and I complain about the BnG in TuS Classic, but it is the exact same problem, so why is it a bad thing when I complain, but not when they complain about their ratings? Sorry but that is an unfair biased opinion.

The difference is that the system should punish "always" picking bng in an overall clanner league, but it shouldn't punish playing Elite in TEL. There's a huge difference.
Your complaint was ok if this was a2b. ;d

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 12:36 PM »
The difference is that the system should punish "always" picking bng in an overall clanner league, but it shouldn't punish playing Elite in TEL. There's a huge difference.
Your complaint was ok if this was a2b. ;d

That isn't a difference actually because the system is exactly the same, whether I lost the BnG or the other members the fact still stands it's way too many points we lose, TEL TuS and TFL when you get high at those, you lose too many points.

If that's the case then YOU definately deserve to be punished for being over 1000 points ahead in TuS Classic from 2nd place, but, it isn't cuz NONE of us deserve to be "punished" for playing the things we love to play.

You love TEL, I love BnG, please don't be so biased, 2v2 or 1v1 doesn't matter, it's the same system, it's even worse for me when you think about it, someone else losing my points lol, but it's cool I love those guys *and girl* and they try damn hard to defend it, and like i've said a hundred times, they are starting to get much better at BnG xD

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 01:48 PM »
I read komo's first post adn really like this idea aswell. You could risk playing players who havent earnt that many points cus of their weak schemes to play in it if u were really trying to gain some points.

Like i could take part in an rr and have a partner like ryan to try and get more points than say lordhound and ryan rr'ing. Cus i suck at it. Same with getting them to gamble and to play in a default if they have more loses in those schemes.

I really need to get more time to read the thread though as there does seem like some arguments against this. But yea, a unique idea none the less. +1

Offline Guaton

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 02:59 PM »
well , obviously this is just an idea and is never gonna happen :p  , bcos there are a lot of reasons to make this impossible

i agree when ppl says that u are basing this in ur own bng problem ...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 05:01 PM »
I read komo's first post adn really like this idea aswell. You could risk playing players who havent earnt that many points cus of their weak schemes to play in it if u were really trying to gain some points.

Like i could take part in an rr and have a partner like ryan to try and get more points than say lordhound and ryan rr'ing. Cus i suck at it. Same with getting them to gamble and to play in a default if they have more loses in those schemes.

I really need to get more time to read the thread though as there does seem like some arguments against this. But yea, a unique idea none the less. +1

Thank you Tom, finally someone who looks at the bigger picture instead of having this 1 mindset about me and BnG lol +1 back for having an open mind :)

Offline Peja

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 08:29 PM »
well komito, its great u got ideas to make clanners more interesting, but u want to put a point system which is based on individual player skills. imo clans are teams, so the clan should rated, not the player. if a superstar cant play (like u in bng) its bl for the clan. imagin real madrid wins more then 3 points in a league match cause cassilias, ronaldo, ramos, özil and di maria are injured. would be sick:)
kk, its pathetic what i wrote, cause tus is another concept. but i hope u got my point. i understand the problems u told, but makin clanner more based on individual stats would kill the idea of a team.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline franz

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 09:38 PM »
nah it's not pathetic peja.  nice words

both sides have positives, just seems more people are ok with the way it is, and only a few are truly frustrated about specific scheme ranks for their clan.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 10:38 PM »
You have a good point peja, but it isn't based on individual skill, because you still play with 2v2 or 3v3 and those 2-3 players points get averaged out for their individual rank on whatever scheme, so it still requires good teamwork, it just balances out the whole points more accurately, there will be no more lucky wins and losing too many points or winning too many points if you understand what I mean?

2 good players play another 2 good players in 1 scheme, so the points SHOULD be balanced out fair so it's as close to 40-40 as possible, 2 not so good players play against 2 not so good players and it should still be around 40-40, 2 great players play 2 not so great players and the points won should be more accurate to the whole skill level, this also means less pressure on "bad players" being able to play for their clan, as they wouldn't lose as many points, which means they could play more games without as much pressure.

I have seen alot of clans preventing members from playing certain scheme incase they lose too many points and i've seen ALOT of clans and players and friends argue or getting frustrated because they don't want the less skilled players losing the points the better players got, with the system in place, they can play as much as they want and the points will always be fair.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Of course it gets individual when u use the players individual rating (which they earned in tus classic singles) and use that as a factor for points in clanners..

Imo this kills the whole teamfactor in this. Just like maciej said, it gets like a 2vs2 singles game, just from the same clan. I dont like this idea.

Also u have ALOT of strong players who never plays singles and this will just be unfair for those good players who actually are active in singles league. Lets not give players the same troubles for earning little points in singles, into the clanners also. This will just benefit clans with inactive players in singles and clans with active good players in singles will lose from it ( considered they win and increase their rating all the time).

A team isnt stronger than its WEAKEST LINK! Its a well known fact. As for cfc which mostly been a 1-man team in bng. Im not saying that its illegal 2 have it like that, but then deal with the consequences. Either get the average "bng skill" of the players in ur clan better, or just deal with it imo! :)

Alot of other clans have the same problem, just in other schemes. Maybe not as drastical as the cfc bng issue, but still.

p.s Just as a little fotnote: i said this in the ps forum and ill say it here.
WE WIN AS A TEAM AND WE LOSE AS A TEAM.

DOnt remove the teamfactor from tus, will be no team feeling left at all. Its a part of the charm in tus.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:37 PM by Uber »

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Rok

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 04:42 PM »
This idea is a no-no. I completely agree with Uber and Maciej and others here, a clan is a team. If some of clan's members can't handle certain schemes, then sorry, it's clan's problem.

cFc's bng rating is an extreme case - live with it. If you make say 12-1 streak (which is IMO quite realistic even if komo plays only about half of the games), you'll break about even in points. That's reality for competitors with high ratings. Kasparov had to deal with same stuff.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz