Forums
May 18, 2024, 07:09 PM

Author Topic: Maverick's Padawan?  (Read 4237 times)

Offline avirex

Re: Maverick's Padawan?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 02:46 AM »
i guess no1 understands.....

what darkz is trying to say is hysteria is a joke...

there is NO scheme that a random name player can beat pros consistantly, or even 50/50

the only scheme that comes close to those odds is t17...

but along comes hysteria, the scheme that was invented for fun play, and "hysterical" matches.... and the newbs are now equal...

if we continue to alter the league, and style of plays to accomidate the newbs, eventually there will be no desire to learn the ropes...

in a couple years from now all we will have is a bunch of hysteria, wxw, and hysteria guys... 

i know we all have a love for the game, and want to promote the game, and see it have a long life.... and people think hysteria is a way of going about this, because it gives newbs encouragment to keep playing... but that is a short lived scheme....

im sure 90% of all worms payers fell in love with roping, then seen the challenge and wanted to master the art of roping, and knew they could not compete at a high level without this skill....

todays generation of worms depend on hysteria, and its going to kill the game. thats a fact

think about it....   

sorry if this post was alot of jumbled rambles, im a bit drunk, hopefully i even made sense :D    i think i did though.. lol
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:51 AM by avirex »

Offline darKz

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 11:37 AM »
I'm quite worried that avi was the only one to understand what I was saying. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 11:43 AM »

in a couple years from now all we will have is a bunch of hysteria, wxw, and hysteria guys...  

[offtopic] many having a stab at wxw, yet all fail badly in tougher maps and tacticaly they suck balls xd

I'll defend wxw until ppl realise its not shopper :P [/offtopic]

On topic: all the rest Avi said, and darkz heh

Offline avirex

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 12:33 PM »
im not having a stab at it.. i respect wxw players... i suck at it, its a skillfull scheme..

im just saying new generation is all players who wanna learn hysteria, and wxw.....

atleast with wxw they get that passion for the rope, that (in my opinion) is what keeps people around on this game for a lifetime....

hysteria is a fun scheme and the newbs feel they are involved in the league, and feel like a legend in disguise when they beat a pro. but its a short lived scheme, i doubt it breeds lifers :P

btw: very funny darkz

Offline Peja

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 02:20 PM »
maverick plays this game and especially hysteria for years, he just started playing leagues recently. its not like he appears out of nowhere rofl
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 02:45 PM »
Husk and Peja haven't seen Star Wars. You heard it here first. :D

Offline Peja

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 02:52 PM »
Husk and Peja haven't seen Star Wars. You heard it here first. :D

xD i used to ignore star wars since i am a trekkie, but somehow kotor caught me  ;D

still waiting for a klingon clan, but jedi was/is awesome
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline darKz

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Read the topic more carefully before jumping to conclusions Peja. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Husk

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 03:26 PM »
for all we know, maverick could have played many times more hysterias than anyone of us

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Hysteria is HIGHLY f@#!ing skilled scheme, but it just so happens to have that "chance" factor, where a player can get a lucky shot, if a pro is f@#!ing stupid enough to hide thinking they aren't good enough to hit you.

Pick your dummies up guys... Christ lol...

Offline avirex

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 04:08 AM »
yes komo, we all know you like hysteria... good for you...

you also like bng and darts...

moving on....

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 04:14 AM »
And shoot avi just for fun 2

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 07:49 AM »
I'm quite worried that avi was the only one to understand what I was saying. :D

Nah, plenty of us did, pity the staff doesn't agree because Hysteria also helps their rating.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 07:58 AM »
No one just turns up out of nowhere and dominates a scheme(or anything for that matter... And if they do, that's what we call "being a natural"), it may only appear like that because of the "human flaws" this community continously show, such as poor sportsmanship and avoiding, and other innocent things such as the timezones the best players play, how long the best players play and how many games with each person each person will play.

"noobs" tend to play more games than "pros" most "pros" i've met won't really play more than 2-3 games in a set against other great players, whilst noobs will play ANYONE possible to get good at something.

It just so happens that one of the most interesting and fun ways for "newcomers" to start enjoying WA competitive gameplay, is Hysteria because of it's "minute to learn, lifetime to master" approach.

And anyone who does sorta just "turn up and own" obviously has previous experience with similar gameplay in their lifes.

Hysteria is just as highly skilled and competitive as other "classic schemes" such as BnG/Elite/TTRR/Roper etc...

None of you can say anything against Hysteria where there is not a counter arguement that inevitably makes it obvious that your opinions are only opinions and not facts, you haters need to stop being stupid ffs, seriously...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2012, 08:04 AM »
You can twist the words all you want, you can make this thread yours, you can spam it until all that's left talking about in this thread is you.

However, there's something you can't change no matter how many bullshit you decide to type:

Hysteria is the scheme with the smalles learning curve in the Classic League and this case only goes to prove it to great extents.

Basically, you don't even have to practice, if you're good at Elite and Bng you can win against anyone in Hysteria whereas regardless of your roping (or other scheme) skill, a scheme like RR requires dedication and trainning before you can compete in a league (as do most of the others).

It's not a hard thing to grasp, and I recommend, for the healthyness of this discussion, that Komodo goes pick on his nose or something, but don't let him derail this disucssion yet again, so nothing is done, yet again.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 08:07 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.