Forums
May 14, 2024, 05:42 PM

Author Topic: Some improvement ideas.  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: Some improvement ideas.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 04:59 AM »
I agree with most of what u said random00, but not all. i dont agree with bo3 for each scheme in playoffs. The current system is fair and option 2 isnt much different from option 1.

Lets say me vs you in playoffs and you have first pick.

If someone picks roper.
I pick shopper
someone picks ttrr.

Now 3 rope schemes have been used and no more can be used. The reminding games MUST be default schemes. wxw can't be used now. But i may not win the shopper and i could easly lose that set 0-3.

Thats why if im picking 2nd i may wanna risk using shopper to use up all the rope based schemes, or i may wanna pick my best schemes so hope i can stay in the tie. I think its my fault if i lose and it doesnt matter if it has to be 2, rope, then 2 default. The order is kinda pointless as it was my choice to make it 3 rope schemes in a row i guess.

If anyone could pick anything it sucks because the 4th scheme you may pick wxw. Its an allround league. You need some defaults in there. Thats why no more than 3 rope based schemes and order of schemes is irrelveant seems like most simple rule to me.

I agree about the seeding of playoffs... 1st and 2nd overall should not meet in the semi finals.

Can reply to other stuff later.

Offline Random00

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 06:29 AM »
[...] can u imagine the time  a bo3 PO game with 2 equal skilled players where 3-2 is the score will take? Like bng-bng-bng, t17-t17-17, roper-roper-roper, hysteria-hysteria-hysteria then a wxw-wxw-wxw 2 decide it all? [...]
Ah right, I just didnt think of this. Worst case scenario for someone winning the Singe Playoffs would be 3 sets of matches with 5 different schemes and 3 matches in every scheme, which would be 3*5*3 = 45 games to win the playoffs, which is way too much if you need 80 games for the season. :D
Guess it should stay as it is then :)

If anyone could pick anything it sucks because the 4th scheme you may pick wxw. Its an allround league. You need some defaults in there. Thats why no more than 3 rope based schemes and order of schemes is irrelveant seems like most simple rule to me.
So it should also be max. 3 defaults. And I agree that the order of the schemes is irrelevant. :o

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Random worm order in hysteria buggs me, because almost all my worms have very bad spots sometime.. -_-

Random worm order doesn't make turn order abuse impossible, it just makes it harder :) I don't think having less HP should be an advantage and turn order abuse is too easy to use with the current settings.

I'd also say 10 seconds SD time is a bit too much. By now, everybody's used to hysteria and losing a turn should be quite rare. But sometimes, triggering SD can be a good strategy and giving your opponent 10(!) free shots at you is a bit much.
Also, take into account that hysteria was never meant to be a 1v1 scheme when it was made by Run :) The 10 second SD time was implemented for games with 4-6 people ffa games.

Cheers, ShyGuy :)