Forums
April 19, 2024, 01:46 PM

Poll

Do you want to change the current bng scheme?

Yes
10 (71.4%)
No hurr durr i'm an idiot
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Change BnG to No rules bng  (Read 443 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Change BnG to No rules bng
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 02:59 PM »
I actually agree with Sbaffo lol.

Look, we've had 25 years of "oldschool" BnG... Now, don't get me wrong, I really like the Classic TUS scheme & rules and actually prefer it that way but look around... So many good players and good people really have valid issues with BnG right now and it's all to do with the rules both written and unwritten.

Rollers are even legal but people still get trashed for using them.

People keep asking why they can't throw 5s grenades without low gravity and/or maximum bounce.

What is even the point of having to re-aim if people can count shots anyway with individual notches?

Using 4s full power and lots of wind gets complaints as well as repeating shots.

The darksiding rule ALWAYS confuses people who previously didn't know about it:

No darksiding
*Darksiding is hiding your worm in a position where it's impossible for your opponent(s) to hit you with a grenade and at the same time impossible for you to hit your opponent(s) with a grenade. Simply teleport/move to other position.

Like Deadcode said in the recent Playoff BnG match versus oldsock... How do you know if it's impossible without using TA to check? The rules as they are mean that even a 1hp shot means it's a valid hide.

Anyway, this is just a vote, it's nothing official yet.

What are you even talking about, i shared my opinion on a topic asking for opinions.... on a message board .. i even started my reply with "personally" to ensure it's taken as my opinion. it's not in any way a threat. i really can see why this community is dying and it's you. for the three months I've been back reading this forum you self insert and alienate anyone who doesn't share your opinions. don't bother replying to this, i won't read it. i appreciate your passion and commitment to this game but for someones who spend his life typing on message boards you're considerably bad at actually talking to people. you'll never see me on this site again.

Lmao Sniper, that's a hell of an overreaction if I've ever seen one. Of course it was taken as your opinion, the point I was trying to make is that it's been said and done before, by myself and others and no decision is ever made based on an individual person saying "If this happens, I'll do this".

How do I even alienate anyone just by getting into forum disagreements? It takes more than just confrontation to make someone really feel alienated. I am not telling anyone they don't deserve to be here or that their opinions are not shared by anyone else... Just because I have an "opinion" to your "opinion" you instantly jump to literally alienating YOURSELF by claming you will never be on this website again.

Sounds like people alienate themselves just fine, they don't need my help lol.

I do get into disagreements quite often here, though all in all I'm still having a lot of fun with a lot of people and doing interesting projects and other stuff.