Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:22 PM

Author Topic: Reporting time limit  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Face

Reporting time limit
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:14 AM »
How about making a rule about late report, as it was in FB. I mean, when player A wins vs player B in scheme X, but then doesnt report and player B plays vs player C in same scheme and reports his win, then later report of player A shouldnt be allowed, because it will affect rating in other way than it would if game was reported just after getting finished. In FB it was solved pretty nicely: 1h time to report and later you can report only if opponent didnt play games in this scheme.

Just a suggestion of course.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Reporting time limit
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:56 AM »
I like the idea.

and how you solve it when the player just wait for his opponent to play another league game (changes scheme) and then report that game he couldn't report earlier?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Face

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 12:46 PM »
I believe that every game is separate match, so he can report just after the match, but if necessary, you can set time limit start since end of 2nd game.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 01:20 PM »
I don't think you get me, or I haven't get you?

Me and you play a BnG. I win and I don't report it. You play another BnG and you report that. Now system shouldn't let me report our BnG, Cause you have reported in the same scheme.
Ok now I can wait for the time limit to gets over, or you played another scheme with some other player. Now I report that BnG. 

How you solve this?
You can complain that this game was played so much before. These type of complaints are not that much easy to solve.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Face

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 02:03 PM »
There was no problem with it in FB, so I think it wouldnt be prob here either.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 02:10 PM »
Ok, Couldn't hurt to try.

It will be on the v1.6
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:45 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 02:44 PM »
It should not be in the system, if someone sees that his opponent reported late, maybe after he played another game and report was done, then he writes a complaint.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 04:12 PM »
people should report their games right away anyway, this is a good rule

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 06:36 PM »
We used to give an hour to report a game.

If the loser goes and plays right after the game and winner had reported it was considered to be a bad sporting attitude.. but the game could stick if it was within the hour time limit of the winner not reporting.

If the winner took over an hour to report and then the loser played he could void that game as it effected his rating differently. However this was only valid if it would effected the scheme so it wouldnt work if someone reported late and the loser had played anything since in that scheme to effect the rating and the late report wasnt a problem.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 07:42 PM »
and how do you find out their time of reporting?

What if I play with you, and I lose. when you report, I complain that this game was played 5 hours ago or more. How do you prove its wrong? Is there something to find the time of the game that i'm missing?

Offline Ray

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 08:32 PM »
Only the name of the replay, but it can be modified of course easily. Or maybe... Let me check ^.^
The log file says the game time in GMT.
Game Started at 2009-01-07 19:40:57 GMT