Forums
April 30, 2024, 02:43 PM

Author Topic: WA: custom missions and WWP revived...  (Read 1158 times)

Offline francot514

WA: custom missions and WWP revived...
« on: March 17, 2014, 12:50 AM »
I want to start this post to show you is possible to make custom missions in Worms Armageddon, modifying wam files and also change img files names. More information here: http://worms2d.info/Worms_Armageddon_mission_file

WA Custom missions. This missions will be created with some img already existed but with custom script.

Assasination. Kill the worm in the other side of the fortress.

* Wacustommission.wmv (820.53 kB - downloaded 59 times.)

Worms World Party missions

All Good ShipSurvie the nuke and retrieve the crate.
* wwpmissioninWA.wmv (848.72 kB - downloaded 64 times.)

Please notice the copy files are the original one, you need to replace and put in your WA file to properly working.
Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nwjj5mbucv51jgl/CreatedMissions.rar
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:06 AM by francot514 »

Offline StepS

Re: WA: custom missions and WWP revived...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 02:09 AM »
Hi,
I'm sorry to break your fun, but this was already discovered a long time ago. Basically, missions that don't have the extra new WWP triggers, can also be played in WA: these are at least 2, 36, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 (Youtube links). As you see, these were played in W:A.
The rest are either partially or fully incompatible with WA, because WA doesn't have the new triggers and effects from WWP (such as the famous mine cannon), therefore you lose mission content.

Also you didn't mention the need of using the wkFileOverride.dll module (it's required to redirect WA into loading the local DATA files instead of CD:\DATA files), which means that you're either a Steam user or modify your disk image, or a pirate.

Also you can use any PNG file as an IMG for your mission. Just load it in the map editor and then grab the uncompressed custom.img file from the W:A root. The compression, if required, can be performed via external tools, the algorythm is described on the WKB.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:14 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline francot514

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 07:52 PM »
Ok, i understand what you mean, but i was able to do it without change so much things or adding that wkFileOverride.dll , becuase i only used the methods that are compatible with WA, also you can check my new missions that will use same method.

You know how to convert png images to the img file??? And how to compress that images???

Offline avirex

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 12:27 AM »
francot!! StepS knows everything there is to know about worms it seems...

there is only 2 guys that most likely know more about the coding of worms, and thats DeadCode, and Cybershadow, those 2 men have created all of the updates for worms, and are a big part of why this game still lives on...

but with that said, to get an answer quicker, i would PM StepS, he generally will answer any questions, but its possible he has not seen this...

to get a faster, and more direct response, PM him...

ps: dont confuse stepz with StepS, the man your looking for is "StepS"

<3

Offline francot514

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 01:33 AM »
Ok, i cannot discuss that, by the way there is another fun mission.

Mine Field. Kill all worms using ropes and mines in one turn only. (2 minutes) I cannot completed.
To play decompress all the files and select mission one chateau...

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9yb3rtwf52e61vz/WAMineFieldChallenge.rar

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:37 AM by francot514 »