Forums
May 17, 2024, 08:54 AM

Author Topic: Way around blocked ports?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Crok

Way around blocked ports?
« on: June 08, 2013, 01:29 PM »
I just moved back to my old dorm, and many of the ports are blocked, so I can't access WormNet. Does anyone know how I could bypass this?
"I'm not a threat, unless it's like, to a pizza." - Philip DeFranco

Offline avirex

Re: Way around blocked ports?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 01:46 PM »
try going on the websnoop server... and joining games via websnoop..

I'm in cell so can't provide link.. buti always find it from just google > websnoop

Offline Crok

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 07:58 PM »
unfortunately, the websnooper site seems to be down.
Could anyone tell me which ports I need to open for worms?
I know you write the portname in the setttings box, and by opening that port, I managed to connect to directly hosted games, but not to games hosted by proxy.worms2d.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:07 PM by Crok »
"I'm not a threat, unless it's like, to a pizza." - Philip DeFranco

Offline DENnis

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 08:56 AM »
I know you write the portname in the setttings box, and by opening that port, I managed to connect to directly hosted games, but not to games hosted by proxy.worms2d.

Checking your connectivity

When setting up hosting, you don't need to ask someone to try joining your game to see if it worked - you can check yourself. To do this:
1. Host the game as usual (you don't need to host it on WormNET, a Direct IP game will work too)
2. Minimize W:A (by clicking on the bottom of the screen, or pressing Shift+Esc)
3. Open canyouseeme.org
4. Enter 17011 as the port (unless you changed it)
5. Click Check

The website will tell you whether your computer is connectable on the port you specified. Remember that this will only work while you're actually hosting a game!

Offline Tomi

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 06:46 PM »
You should try a free VPN. You need to download a little client program and you can surf the net using that connection. "Hotspot shield" and "Spotflux" worked for me well.. you won't get a very fast connection but it's totally enough to play worms online. Google one of them, install it and go play.

PS.: antivirus or firewall software may block them as default..

Offline StepS

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 04:32 PM »
so you can't connect to both worms2d.info and wormnat2 games? try contacting CyberShadow.

"Hotspot shield"
it's banned on WormNET
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Tomi

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 04:59 PM »
"Hotspot shield"
it's banned on WormNET

yes but you can use it via websnooper ;) or if it's not working then the other one will work.. at least for me.. I use them in college if I'd like to play wa