Forums
April 28, 2024, 06:32 AM

Author Topic: English people help please translating! :)  (Read 846 times)

Offline Tomi

English people help please translating! :)
« on: December 07, 2014, 02:34 PM »
Hi!

I am writing a thesis that I will need to end on the need week, and I have to make an abstract of it in English.
I have translated the Hungarian text, but I am sure that I have lots of mistakes and probably it's not really understandable.
I would like to ask someone who is pro in English to go through these lines and please correct it  :-*

In my thesis I made a tester component using language PHP to test the fragments of websites based on components. I implemented the application using the PRADO framework, which is developed community-driven at present and lots of websites have already been made using it.

Testing an application was always a hard task. After the development there is usually no time and energy remaining to verify the new parts of the code and there is especially no time to make a tester with graphical user interface.

The goal of the component I made is to be easily builded into ready systems and thus to grant a clear graphical interface for the developers with which the fresh fragments of a website or even the whole site can be tested fast, easily, but still efficiently.

In my thesis, firstly I review the basics that need to be known to understand how PHP and PRADO work and after these I demonstrate how the component tester works. For this, firstly I will build the tester into a blog that is made in PRADO and I will test one of its component. After the analysis of the results I will replace the tested component over an other one that has similar functions and I will verify the functioning of that one too. Lastly, if the new component is operating properly, then the test of the complete website is next and if it works henceforward well, then we can determine that the change of the component was successful.

I hope that this application will be truly useful for developers these days with which they can test easily, but efficiently their ready website.

Thanks in advice! ;)

Re: English people help please translating! :)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 03:55 PM »
"which is developed community-driven at present"
This could just be a matter of taste here, but I would either say 'of which the development is community-driven' or "which is developed by a (large/whatever adjective is appropriate) community"

builded --> built

after these --> after this/afterwards

"I will replace the tested component over an other one" over an other --> with another

henceforward is correct, but kind of old fashioned, I think. I think it might even be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence.

"then we can determine that the change of the component was successful" that --> whether

"with which they can test easily, but efficiently their ready website" Could be just me, not being a native english speaker, but I wouldn't use ready, but I would prefer finished.
I would also shift it around a bit: "with which they can test their finished website easily, but efficiently."

In short, no major errors :) Sorry for nitpicking!

Offline Tomi

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 04:45 PM »
Thanks for the fast respond! :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 06:45 PM »
Thanks for the fast respond! :D

*response
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 10:48 PM »
:D
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Rok

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 12:15 PM »
In my thesis I made a tester component using language PHP to test the fragments of websites based on components. I implemented the application using the PRADO framework, which is developed community-driven at present and lots of websites have already been made using it.

The entire paragraph seems a bit clunky to me.   What I gathered from your abstract, is that you've made a component app that integrates with PRADO. So something like this, maybe:

In my thesis I made a tester component using PHP language for testing fragments of websites based on components. The application is built using PRADO, a widely used, component-based open-sorce framework for PHP 5.

Also, websites based on components - I'm not sure what exactly you mean by this, but I feel you could simply say
I made a tester component using PHP language for testing website fragments/components.

I personaly don't like word "components" in the first place - must be a webdevelopers' buzzword for code with good separation of concers and loose coupling - but that's just me :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Tomi

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 02:34 PM »
Ah your sentence is truly better than mine. So I changed it to this:

In my thesis I made a tester component using PHP language for testing fragments of component-based websites. The application is built using PRADO, a widely used, component-based open-source framework for PHP 5 of which the development is community-driven at present.

I hope that now it's more understandable :)