Forums
May 14, 2024, 02:35 PM

Author Topic: Fast Fingers Speedtest: how fast can you type?  (Read 8852 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Fast Fingers Speedtest: how fast can you type?
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Not sure about "official", but I've taken several different typing tests - this ones not half bad.  I'd definitely consider it an easier one because they're giving you short words that have a 'qwerty' flow to them.  The hard ones are filled with ridiculous grammar and proper nouns - though they give you an entire screens worth of typing in front of you so there is no confusion, with the exception that if you take your eyes off the screen for one second you will lose your place completely.

Keyboard placement is where ever you want it to be.  I find it that I am fastest when I have the keyboard to the edge of the desk that way none of my arm wrests on anything.  Not only am I a fast typer, but I am extremely loud...  Everyone in my office complains/makes comments about me chattering away on the keyboard.  I remember when I use to rope, you'd be able to hear it throughout 3/4ths of my parents house too lol.

I am exactly the same, except at work, I don't use computers at work, what's your style anyway? I don't even know what I am I haven't looked into this, I was actually surprised last week when I found out that I am above average which was cool, but anyway i'll break it down how I type if you are interested:

When I am typing my thumbs cross over to create a sort of "X" pattern on the space bar with my left being over my right, my left index rests on F my left middle on E my right index on J and my right middle on I, I only use the pinky for enter and left shift, i've noticed when I use backspace I use both my right pinky and ring finger, you got any tips to improve?

« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Never really analyzed it but I keep my fingers all on the same line "asdfghjk;l" with my left pinky on A and my right pinky on ; - meaning my pointers are on F and J.  I only press my space bar with my right hand.

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2011, 08:56 PM »
For me, hands' placement depends on the word that I type...

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2011, 04:37 AM »
I did this a few days ago among my friends... I won

http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/fb_result.php?r=DF

109 words per minute... not the best on this forum, but I would like to brag that when I type I only use my left index, right index, right middle, and right thumb... 4 finger keyboard rape...
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline jot

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2011, 05:04 PM »
You write 374 characters per minute
Wrote 64 words correct
Wrote 14 words incorrect
gż.