Forums > Off Topic

Webysteria - fast-paced artillery and roping game

<< < (7/13) > >>

TheWalrus:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on May 02, 2018, 03:45 PM ---Overcustomization must be avoided in my opinion. This will turn the game of skill into the game of luck.

--- End quote ---
You can tell this guy played a lot of BnG, preaching to the choir.

I'm pretty excited for your game, x.  Physics already look better than hedgewars.

XanKriegor:
Xrayez alone > whole T17.

I hope the game not gonna ask for something like Core i9, 2x1080ti and 32Gb RAM  :D

j0e:
This project looks amazing. Could be the future of Worms right here!

TheKomodo:
Well, he did say "over" ;)

Looks fantastic Xrayez, i'm kinda struggling with the sound effects in the sense, i'm too critical of myself lol, it's a Worms thing, it has to be perfect, this could take a LONG time :)

Although I am sure we will both be proud of our work when finished :)

Figuratively bursting with excitement waiting to try out BnG!

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on May 15, 2018, 10:28 AM ---Well, he did say "over" ;)

Looks fantastic Xrayez, i'm kinda struggling with the sound effects in the sense, i'm too critical of myself lol, it's a Worms thing, it has to be perfect, this could take a LONG time :)

Although I am sure we will both be proud of our work when finished :)

Figuratively bursting with excitement waiting to try out BnG!

--- End quote ---

I understand when you say you want to make it perfect, but what I'd really like are sound effect placeholders that would fit just fine, because literally anything is subject to change. You can actually make some semi-decent samples and I'll take that for now. But take your time of course if you feel like it.

Regarding timelines, I don't have them. If you ask me when it's going to be finished, I'll say: "When it's ready". This is a university project that has turned out quite well, and we'll see how it goes. If I were to estimate the time needed to finish the game, it would take 3 more years (taking into account the time needed to learn new stuff) :D My skill set grows with each development iteration nonetheless. External help, new developers, outsourcing and (crowd)funding would speed up the progress I think.

Regarding BnG, I made some progress optimizing map deformation, previously it was quite slow. I really need to get this down and well tested... It's getting a bit boring to solve the same technical problems over and over, can't wait to program actual gameplay, but I need to remain patient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version