Forums > Off Topic

Webysteria - fast-paced artillery and roping game

<< < (6/13) > >>

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: Anubis on May 01, 2018, 10:40 PM ---Rope looks good, I would be interested in testing the rope in-depth so send me a PM if I can participate. :)

--- End quote ---

I'll probably let the testing part going in the late Alpha stage of development where all the features are present (but not necessarily complete). Testing at the current stage is kinda pointless because I'm already aware of some bugs and most of the stuff (including rope) is subject to change or requires more tweaking. I need to figure out how to encrypt the binary as well. I'll let you know when I'm ready nonetheless.  :)

I was thinking of creating a dedicated devblog of some sort so I could communicate with people and provide either closed or open testing.

Sensei:
Just noticed 0:29 part of the video.
This is just for testing physics or your game will be based on something like rubberworm command ldet?

Object droped on the floor but still was able to attach left like it was in mid air.

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: Sensei on May 02, 2018, 01:00 PM ---Just noticed 0:29 part of the video.
This is just for testing physics or your game will be based on something like rubberworm command ldet?

Object droped on the floor but still was able to attach left like it was in mid air.

--- End quote ---

I didn't consider introducing the notion of turn or losing turn yet, but again, this could be implemented the same way, no plans about this yet. As you mentioned, Rubberworm and ProjectX features would be really nice to have already built into the game core indeed.

Tbh, I don't see the point to copy W:A exactly as it is, though W:A's concepts are really powerful. I don't want it to turn into a complex, giant game with over 9000 weapons either, and with procedural everything  :D

Overcustomization must be avoided in my opinion. This will turn the game of skill into the game of luck.

MonkeyIsland:
We do have lots of weapons/tools in worms, but we don't play Full wormage.

Providing the ability to customize almost everything would make your project a "game engine" rather than "a game".

Sensei:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on May 02, 2018, 03:45 PM ---Overcustomization must be avoided in my opinion. This will turn the game of skill into the game of luck.

--- End quote ---

I don't think ppl would be installing and sticking to W:A after 20 years if game only had schemes such as ttrr, bng, elite. Variety and customization is there for a reason. And as MI said, no one forces you to play full wormage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version