Forums > Off Topic

Webysteria - fast-paced artillery and roping game

<< < (8/13) > >>

Xrayez:
Hello guys, I've finally graduated and ready to start working on the project more diligently!

For the past month I've been working on a game editor which adds ability and potential for some nice customization:

As you can see, one can easily create and modify the whole game world, with ability to create a world from an image, as well as changing how it looks like, all in real-time
The scheme editor is something different from what you got used to in W:A. Namely, it allows you to actually create game rules that are handled by the game itself! No more unspoken rules please  :D

There aren't many game properties exposed to the scheme editor, but it's just a matter of work now.

Not sure how far I should go with customization abilities, but at least I'll simplify the scheme editor (icons instead of text) so that it will be quite easy to create unique gameplays.

Hope to hear some feedback on what can be improved and added, thanks.

Sensei:
Bounces on 2:14 and 2:18 seems quite awkward after playing so much W:A.
But probably more realistic..

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on November 28, 2018, 12:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: Xrayez on November 27, 2018, 09:56 PM ---so it's just easier to write it all from scratch with the proper architecture. ???

--- End quote ---

Speaking of which, how is your project coming along?

Do you have footage you can send me so I can start making some audio?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm in the process of transforming/changing the main theme/character, when it's fairly established I'll shoot a video and post here. Need to translate existing code for character mechanics atm.

Xrayez:
Presenting main character! (call him Mr. Web?)

"Roping" much improved, scenery gets more color and background as well, leg walking animation needs refinement to be in sync...

Komito: the sound effects you hear in the video are placeholders, although some of them I like. If you can improve upon those, I'll appreciate that!

XanKriegor:

The only missing thing here is rope attachment to a moving landscape.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version