Forums
April 20, 2024, 10:28 AM

Author Topic: Webysteria - fast-paced artillery and roping game  (Read 14054 times)

Offline Xrayez

Re: Webysteria - fast-paced artillery and roping game
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2019, 09:27 AM »
Maps with objects incoming...

Thanks Plutonic for useful tips!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:40 AM by Xrayez »

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2019, 11:35 AM »
Reporting some progress regarding improved visuals, added some fancy water parallax, took me some time to rework spider movement, as well as webbing aka roping.  :)

Nevermind the lack of legs, I'll redo this a bit differently I think, the previous way was too complex and wasn't reliable at the end of the day.  :P

Hopefully I could start programming the actual gameplay, can't wait for this.  :D

And feel free to join my Discord server where you'll be able to stay in touch with more frequent updates like this and likely receive some important news.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:37 AM by Xrayez »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2019, 03:37 PM »
Love the simplistic graphics :)

It's coming a long great man!

Offline Lex

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2020, 10:19 AM »
This project is cool.  Any rope implementation that's somewhat like WA's is awesome.  What's your thought on licensing for this game?  It'd be sad if the project disappeared some day since it's so cool.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2020, 11:15 AM »
Thanks for expressing the interest.  :)

Any rope implementation that's somewhat like WA's is awesome.  What's your thought on licensing for this game?  It'd be sad if the project disappeared some day since it's so cool.

Yeah, I feel like I've managed to come up with some decent implementation of rope mechanics which is more or less close to W:A, but still need some bug fixing. I haven't showcased this yet.

What's your thought on licensing for this game?

It's kind of a difficult topic. I'd lie if I say that I don't want to have some commercial gain out of this project eventually. But that's equally difficult thing to do in my country which blocks most financial routes. So what I'm left with is continuing the development at whatever pace. If there are any lawyers out there who could donate their time to resolve those questions, would be great.

But yeah, perhaps I could start releasing some development builds, and as long as I don't publish the source code I should be fine.  :D

Perhaps gaining more audience is better. But perhaps I announced this too early.

I mean, if this has any chance to become popular, I'm afraid I won't be able to deal with both positive and potential negative effects.

But perhaps I'm simply overthinking this.

It'd be sad if the project disappeared some day since it's so cool.

I'm still working on this, even if not directly.

Considering the fact that there are other Worms-inspired games that keep popping here by other developers, I think I'll have to start doing the same in order to be able to compete.  :P