Forums
May 15, 2024, 04:54 PM

Author Topic: what windows and browser?  (Read 4384 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: what windows and browser?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 03:52 PM »

I havent seen yet any "new awesome feature" in windows7 that I had not in XP, it's kinda the same shit with some new useless visual effects, or new useless features like shaking ur window to close other windows in the background.. I'm against any new product from MS hahah they suck more and more every year imo !

[/quote]

Windows 7 has a lot of things over Windows XP. It has instant search, it has a 64x version that doesn't suck and escalates much much better with technology. Not to mention DX10, soon 11  and it being incredibly faster in basically everything.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 04:03 PM »
Windows 7 is not faster than Windows XP, it can't be. I guess you have the feeling that its faster because you got it on a new computer which is faster. But seriously, its simply impossible that its faster as it has higher system requirements, more features, which means more shit running in the background and so on. I recommend you check some game benchmarks with comparison between Windows 7 and Windows XP if you dont believe it.

I would surely go for Windows 7 if i was about to buy a new computer though, as it has many advantages over Windows XP.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Windows 7 is not faster than Windows XP, it can't be. I guess you have the feeling that its faster because you got it on a new computer which is faster. But seriously, its simply impossible that its faster as it has higher system requirements, more features, which means more shit running in the background and so on. I recommend you check some game benchmarks with comparison between Windows 7 and Windows XP if you dont believe it.

I would surely go for Windows 7 if i was about to buy a new computer though, as it has many advantages over Windows XP.

Windows 7 is faster because XP hits a barrier as soon as you go over a fixed amount of power. Windows XP can't even go above 6 RAM on a Dual Core without wasting a lot of that hardware. Sure, Windows XP will be faster on an outdated machine but ultimately Windows 7 does better use of superior hardware and thus in the end can reach faster speeds of processing and raw power, ergo it's faster.

Come again
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Gotta compare it on the same hardware though if you want to compare the speed of both OS's...  ::)

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Chakk, about game comparision, it works for the titles released before announcing win7 (still, not much of a difference), but fresh releases works identical or even with slight advantage towards win7 because they mainly were designed for it. I'm basing this on my experience as a both OS' user.

My setup: win7x64+FF, although I use chrome for quick googles.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:04 PM by van »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 08:03 AM »
Gotta compare it on the same hardware though if you want to compare the speed of both OS's...  ::)

I don't think you understood my post, so unless you actually adquire effecitve reading skills I suggest dropping the little remarks.

You put Windows 7 on an i7 8GB RAM computer and it will run noticeably faster than Windows XP on that same machine.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 02:22 PM »
What a wonder if Windows XP doesnt use all the RAM. :) Its just wrong to say that Windows 7 in general is faster than Windows XP just because Windows XP wont make use of your system memory if you have over 4 GB installed. Of course for a modern computer with loads of memory i would always go for Windows 7 as it simply supports modern hardware better.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 12:41 PM »
That's not what I mean.

What I'm saying is that Windows XP hits a hard cap at a certain point in hardware which Windows Vista and Windows 7 can go beyond and thus offer more performance. Yes, Windows XP handles lower end machines better, but Vista and 7 are much more powerful with more power at hand. You give Windows XP 8GB worth of "processing data" and it won't be using that RAM power as efficiently as 7, which will be cutting through as if it were ham with its X number of cores.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 01:27 AM »

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 01:42 AM »
Crazy, you get offended when someone uses word gay as a synonym to something lame/bad
and you're fine with using retarded as the way to describe 'normal' people acting stupid?
That's a bit hypocratic I think... or gay... or retarted. ;D ;)

Don't take this too serious, mate. :-*

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 03:33 AM »
Crazy, you get offended when someone uses word gay as a synonym to something lame/bad
and you're fine with using retarded as the way to describe 'normal' people acting stupid?
That's a bit hypocratic I think... or gay... or retarted. ;D ;)

Don't take this too serious, mate. :-*
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 08:46 AM »

And trolling in the internet with down syndrome pictures is like being a homosexual who likes it up his ass.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline nino

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 01:01 AM »
For those who has an old machine, it is better to keep the windows xp, but if you buy a new hardware pack today, theres no point at still using windows xp lol, and about memory, eveyone might know that windows xp doesnot recognize more than 4gb of ram because of plataform of 32 bits, theres widnwos xp 64 bits that can recognize much more than 4gb. But windows vista and 7, can handle better the cores, making it work faster, since nowdays a quadcore processor is very common.

btw ae putos xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline beer

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 01:16 AM »
ae fdp

drama queen iz back

Offline Korydex

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 07:48 AM »
del
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:55 AM by Korydex »