Forums
April 26, 2024, 09:39 PM

Author Topic: Playing time information for schemes  (Read 1085 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Playing time information for schemes
« on: September 08, 2023, 09:12 PM »
I was thinking that the schemes should receive information about Playing Time either on the wiki, or here on TUS.

If you buy any Board Game it has a Playing Time information on the box. It's important to know this before playing, because sometimes the Board Game takes 6h or more to end. So, if you don't have much time or if people just don't want to spend so much time playing, people can play a party game or a board game that takes less time, like 30 min or 1:30h.

So, I think this information would be useful for players to know the average duration of the schemes before they play and this could be on the Game Setup template on the wiki, or something similar on TUS scheme articles. And to do this, we would need data. And TUS probably has a lot of data about the schemes.

It is good to play a game without being frustrated thinking that you want to leave because the game took much longer than you expected, but you don't want to be a quitter. If WA will receive ranks, accounts or Match Making, I think informing the Playing Time to people would be great.

EDIT: Not only the average should be informed, but the minimum game duration and the maximum game duration.

Of course it all depends on the map, but this could be present as an information too. Some maps take 40 minutes, others 20 min. Maybe each map could have information about playing Time, at least the classic ones.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 09:19 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Korydex

Re: Playing time information for schemes
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 04:39 AM »
Of course it all depends on the map, but this could be present as an information too. Some maps take 40 minutes, others 20 min. Maybe each map could have information about playing Time, at least the classic ones.
it also depends on how many players are in the game

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 06:21 PM »

Also the skill level, the map, etc...

BnG for me at my peak was like 6-8 minute average on form, but noobs would be 30-60 minutes or even more.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 11:00 AM »

BnG for me at my peak was like 6-8 minute average on form, but noobs would be 30-60 minutes or even more.
average TRL BnG game length = 21 Minutes and 27 Seconds

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 03:40 PM »

I only played 2 matches there as well, that's after I sort of stopped playing unfortunately, definitely would have enjoyed breaking Random00's 100% 17-0 record there, though I'm surprised barman has 65-8 TRL BnG record compared to his Era 1 TUS BnG 73-1 record.

Then again I can't remember which came first if that was before or after barman reached his peak. That's one of the only things I didn't get to do in BnG, was play against barman properly in my peak 1v1, I'd beaten everyone else pretty comfortably though the first half of that match with Random00 had me a little worried and disappointed lol.

How did you come up with that? Do you have a program that takes every replay from that Season, and provides the length of each game?

Also is that turn time? Or real life time?

I'm curious how you done that as I'd like to analyze specific players in a similar fashion.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 03:55 PM »

I only played 2 matches there as well, that's after I sort of stopped playing unfortunately, definitely would have enjoyed breaking Random00's 100% 17-0 record there, though I'm surprised barman has 65-8 TRL BnG record compared to his Era 1 TUS BnG 73-1 record.

Then again I can't remember which came first if that was before or after barman reached his peak. That's one of the only things I didn't get to do in BnG, was play against barman properly in my peak 1v1, I'd beaten everyone else pretty comfortably though the first half of that match with Random00 had me a little worried and disappointed lol.

How did you come up with that? Do you have a program that takes every replay from that Season, and provides the length of each game?

Also is that turn time? Or real life time?

I'm curious how you done that as I'd like to analyze specific players in a similar fashion.
Program takes round time from the logs extracted from the season replays that SJ provided :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2023, 06:20 PM »
Can you show me how to do that please Kory?

Offline Korydex

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2023, 06:35 PM »
Can you show me how to do that please Kory?
First you have to extract the logs with command like
"C:\Games\Worms Armageddon\WA.exe" /getlogs "C:\Games\Worms Armageddon\User\Games\*.wagame"
When you have the logs you can analyze whatever you want in there

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2023, 11:56 PM »
Whats up with all that bragging though, Komo? It's almost cringe, sorry no offense lol.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 12:05 AM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2023, 02:00 AM »
Thanks Kory! :-*

Whats up with all that bragging though, Komo? It's almost cringe, sorry no offense lol.

If you take simple easy facts as bragging then fair enough. :D

Anyone could have done it if they were interested enough lol.

Generally speaking, video games are easy af lol.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2023, 03:31 AM »
Yeah It looks exactly like flexing/ bragging for me xd, but np ae mate. For seome reason In my mind I think you lost your bng pwoer/ relevance when you were stolen b2b community. Did you lose your passion cuz of that? Genuine question I can't remembr history.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Free

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2023, 05:43 AM »
Anyone could become barmans skill level in bng with little practise because of the info he had about notches and even wind notches.

I respected Komo's skill way more.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2023, 11:36 AM »
I was literally saying on CWT Discord yesterday morning how bad I am at BnG now 🤣

I'm going to write a bit here because I genuinely find this fascinating, and it's one of my goals to help people understand how easy learning anything is.

Really though, it's not bragging for many reasons:

1. Anyone could have done it.
2. They are facts, not exaggerated.
3. I don't feel superior whatsoever because, as I said, anyone could have done it.

One of the biggest problems humanity faces is the lack of confidence that comes with knowing how easy everything is.

Things just take time and effort, passion and determination... That isn't hard though, it's very easy to understand and accomplish. Hence why billions of people are professionals and very good at everything.

The fun part is the journey of learning and discovery, testing your abilities against others.

Think of it like... I am impressed by a persons passion, effort, patience and commitment to take their skills to the highest levels, while admiring the result because it looks cool, or tastes good, or looks beautiful etc.

The skill itself isn't the impressive part, that's the easy part that anyone could do if they really wanted to.

While some people have specific genetics giving them a slight edge, most of the time people don't use those edges. They become invested in other things. Though anyone can become incredibly above average at almost anything if they genuinely enjoy it and spend years practising.

The people who are the best at anything, are never the best because they are obsessed with just being the best. They really do just love it more than anyone, they wake up thinking about it, they spend all day thinking about it, compare it to everything else which in turn gives them ideas, they go to sleep thinking about it and they dream about it.

They take things to the next level because they see it in a way others don't, not because they can't, because they aren't focused in the same way.

Most competitive events at the highest level are usually won because of 2 things:

1. Someone lost focus for a second because got bored or tired or whatever, then made a mistake.
2. Someone did something that hasn't been seen before so they didn't know how to react.

People who lose just need more practise and focus if they want to win anything.

I was high as f**k playing BnG so was so chilled I felt absolutely no pressure, and thanks to me having a hyperfocus like personality when I enjoy something my mind just constantly thought of the best shot for each turn and multiple turns ahead.

The ONLY reason I have such a good record is because I was so more obsessed with BnG than anyone else, nobody came close to enjoying it as much as I did.

Then once I stopped barman done the same thing when he became fascinated by notching and look how quickly he took over and absolutely dominated BnG.

We are just your average human, if there were 10000 BnG players absolutely obsessed I might not even be in the top 100 lol. Who knows, maybe it would have pushed me further?

So no, it's not bragging, if anything I understand fully that I was just unlucky that nobody else enjoyed BnG as much as I did, that's why I got bored of it, because everyone else did lol.

It just got boring spending more time trying to find games than actually playing games, same thing happened with Clanners.

That's why I lost interest after I gave b2b away. I had the option to kick everyone from b2b and start again, but what would be the point? I'd already lost all the people who made BnG and b2b one of the greatest experiences of my life, doing that wouldn't help.

BnG pretty much died after that, in my opinion it was directly caused by the notching charts that dt shared.

Though whatever, it was a fun journey 🤣